The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would The Canucks Have Won That Ducks Game If Luo Wasnt Pulled?

Horvat x 53

Dont know if a topic like this was started, looking through the recent topics couldnt really find one exactly like this.

My question is. Do you think we still would have gone to the shootout and won it in the shootout if luo was never pulled?

Did he really deserve to get pulled? Some of those goals the d left him out to dry.

Getzlaf was a terrible goal to let in. Guy has 9 goals this year.

A couple more five hole goals that he should have had but MAG wasnt defending properly on one.

Also the perry one i think he should have had. I dont know if luo saw salo but salo was defending the pass so luo should have stayed on his post since perry didnt really have any where else to go

Thoughts?

Glad CoSn was in net. I like him a lot. But was luo's pull pre mature, and if he stayed would the outcome still be the same.

I bring this up since after listening to bob McKenzie on tsn he wasnt happy with us fans

Getz may only have 9 goals, but he's still a very good player. Soft goal none-the-less.

In my opinion, I dont think we would have won.

Mentally Luongo might have been getting frustrated with his play that game.

I think AV pulled the right move. And hey, Schneids gets his 20th win.

If you really take into account the fact that the Canucks play picked up after the pull, it may have been AV showing a sign to the bench that minutes would be cut if the guys didn't produce. It may have been more about the players than Lu himself. Although, had the Canucks played the way they did after the pull, without him actually being pulled, I guarantee Lu could have saved the shots that Schneids faced (no offence to Schneids).

On a side note: Congrats to Schneids for his 20th win.

AV should pull his starting goalie, Luongo or Schneider, whenever this team is down by 2 goals in the playoffs to give the team a wake up call and get at least a momentum change, even if it's not the goalie's fault.

History tells that keeping Luongo in goal after giving up 4 goals on 15 shots by this guy would have let the Ducks scored 4 more on Vancouver before the 2nd period ends. Pulling Luongo is the best move by AV in a long time. Schneider got the win and Luongo will bounce back in his next start.

If you really take into account the fact that the Canucks play picked up after the pull, it may have been AV showing a sign to the bench that minutes would be cut if the guys didn't produce. It may have been more about the players than Lu himself. Although, had the Canucks played the way they did after the pull, without him actually being pulled, I guarantee Lu could have saved the shots that Schneids faced (no offence to Schneids).

On a side note: Congrats to Schneids for his 20th win.

If Luongo stayed in, we probably would have lost. The message to the team needed to be sharp. Pulling Lu had that effect.

Schneids did his job well and as usual, reliably. That's what a backup goalie is expected to do. And I think he knew why Lu was being pulled and it wasn't because of his performance.

Archived