The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would The Canucks Have Won That Ducks Game If Luo Wasnt Pulled?

Horvat x 53

I'm happy most posters here have recognized that Luongo getting pulled last night was not a reflection of his play, but the play of the defense in front of him. Luo let in that 1 weak goal but the others he was hung out to dry completely by some of the worst defensive zone coverage I've seen from the Canucks in a long time. So kudos to you all for seeing this.

Apparently the crowd last night was filled with the ignorant, blind, Luongo-hating contingent of our fans as they failed to realize this and cheered Luongo off the ice (or Schnieder onto it... same difference). I thought that was utterly disgusting! Shame on you morons who did that! You are the ones who make me say that I love my Canucks, but I hate Canucks fans.

Pulling the goalie isn't all on the goalie. The move as to shake up the team and it worked. Don't pull Lou, the team probably doesn't respond like they do. The real problem is why the D played so badly before Luongo was pulled.

I like Lu's response to the hook. He was strategizing with Cory before the shootout started showing support. After the game winner he's out there sporting a huge smile. Lu didn't take this personal and didn't sulk. I think the hook was the game changer without it I think we would have lost.

Basically. He wasn't able to bail out his porous defence. As he's proven himself capable of doing so in the past, the fact that he failed to do so that game stands out. It was not his best game. It was not his worst game. If we had a less established netminder between the pipes then the blame might be more fairly placed where it is deserved. Not naming names... but #5 was stinking it up pretty good.

Archived