The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would The Canucks Have Won That Ducks Game If Luo Wasnt Pulled?

Horvat x 53

Dont know if a topic like this was started, looking through the recent topics couldnt really find one exactly like this.

My question is. Do you think we still would have gone to the shootout and won it in the shootout if luo was never pulled?

Did he really deserve to get pulled? Some of those goals the d left him out to dry.

Getzlaf was a terrible goal to let in. Guy has 9 goals this year.

A couple more five hole goals that he should have had but MAG wasnt defending properly on one.

Also the perry one i think he should have had. I dont know if luo saw salo but salo was defending the pass so luo should have stayed on his post since perry didnt really have any where else to go

Thoughts?

Glad CoSn was in net. I like him a lot. But was luo's pull pre mature, and if he stayed would the outcome still be the same.

I bring this up since after listening to bob McKenzie on tsn he wasnt happy with us fans

Goalies have bad games, defence have bad games and forwards have bad games. When a goalie and the D have a bad game its the coaches job to do something in last years playoffs AV did nothing, he let LU sink to a point of no return without pulling the trigger and bringing in Schneider when it was time to shake things up. At least this is a good sign that he is willing to make a call when necessary going into the playoffs. Now get off of Luongo's case it wasn't all him and none of us are between the pipes so we don't have his view on things and without that were all just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. We have the best goaltending tandem in the NHL sit back enjoy and lets hope we can be graced with Lord Stanleys presence

Lu is one of the best goaltenders in the league and our workhorse netminder but he is a choke artist. He cannot be trusted in high stake games. He should be starting come the playoffs but as everyone has said his leash will be short and justifiably so.

Here is a way how a goalie gets a loss without letting in a goal.

I remember it happened before Dan Cloutier was traded to Vancouver. Their team was trailing big in a game so Cloutier replaced their starter. They managed to close the gap to one goal down. In the final minute, Cloutier got pulled and they got scored on. But after that their team also scored a goal. Now, since the winner is the empty netter Cloutier had to take the loss, even though his save % was 100% in the game!! Such an unfair way to take a loss. :lol:

Pulling Lu last night wasn't about Lu. AV pulled Lu to light a fire under the bench and the poor defensive performance.

In this case, it worked and we won. Schneids gets the win. But Lu was not to blame. Except for that one softy.

The Canucks would have had a good chance to win.

It wasn't Luongo's best game, but that being said, the guys in front of him didn't look like they were particularly interested in playing a whole lot of defense. They looked more like they were all a bunch of school kids who were waiting for the final bell before summer vacation.

Benching Luongo was a means of snapping their collective chains, and it worked. That's the kind of thing a good coach does to get results.

regards,

G.

It's a good question and, the way Bobby Lou looked last night, I'm not sure the Canucks would have rallied. So, I guess the goalie switch worked in terms of waking the team up. I think that's why AV did it, more than blaming Lou for the 4 goals. There was plenty of blame to go around, so its unfortunate that a few hundred leather-lunged fans chose to heap all the blame on Lou. Cheap shot, and it makes all Vancouver fans look like rubes. But let's not worry too much about what Bob McKenzie or Aaron Ward have to say - they're paid to do what they do. It's entertainment, or supposed to be, and that's about it.

Who knows? Or more importantly, who cares? Seems like the question is directed at who's the better goalie to determine who starts in the playoffs.

Luongo will start in the playoffs unless he struggles. Then, Schneider will play until he struggles.

It's not like the Canucks management is hiding this strategy. It's out there and pretty simple concept. And how they play in the playoffs will determine what happens in the offseason.

The Canucks would have had a good chance to win.

It wasn't Luongo's best game, but that being said, the guys in front of him didn't look like they were particularly interested in playing a whole lot of defense. They looked more like they were all a bunch of school kids who were waiting for the final bell before summer vacation.

Benching Luongo was a means of snapping their collective chains, and it worked. That's the kind of thing a good coach does to get results.

regards,

G.

Archived