The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Food Thread

Redacted

Well not quite as deep as something like the God Thread but I really like cooking/eating (hurrrr) and I was wondering what everyone'd favorite foods and dishes are? I'm not really good at this whole making a thread thing I feel like there is a lot more expected of me than what I'm putting out there right now... Yeah.

I mean I would go first but my level of expertise is around "Capable of boiling noodles".

Since summer is around the corner (right,? I'm sure any day now)....here's a tasty little treat.

Take an apple, cut in slices.

Mix brown sugar and honey in a dish

Coat apple slices with brown sugar/honey mixture

Throw on the BBQ until caramelized

EAT!

I recently discovered how easy it is to make crepes...even gluten-free and even lactose-free ones.

Put this in a blender:

1 cup milk (use almond milk for lactose-free)

1/3-1/2 cup flour (use rice flour and tapioca starch for gluten-free)

2 eggs

2 tablespoons melted butter (use canola oil for lactose-free)

Blend for a couple minutes. Scrape sides and blend for another minute. Let it sit for 10-30 minutes (optional, but makes it more fluffy).

Pour some into the middle of a hot non-stick pan - take up a little less than half the pan. Then using a spatula, lightly pull (very lightly!) the liquid in each direction to make it more thin. Wait a couple minutes (till starting to brown like a regular pancake), flip with a rubber spatula (should hold together well), and brown the other side for a minute or two, then ready.

Serve with whatever you like. Fresh stawberries and Nutella spread is a personal favourite - crushed walnets puts it over the top.

---------------------------------

My wife can't have gluten, and is lactose intolerant, so crepes is something she can never get. In fact, until I made them the first time a couple of months ago, she had never had them. Now I make them once a week for her - it's so easy.

If I were young and single again, I would love to have this in my back pocket to impress the ladies. Especially one who is gluten-intolerant. It's sophisticated, yet simple and inexpensive.

Zomg. just made a quick dinner. chicken breasts marinated in lemon juice, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, and oil. pan-fried it for about 8 minutes either side. absolutely delicious.

This thread was made on time,I had an so many great meals today!

breakfast: ham, cheese, and vegetable omelet with a ham steak and bacon on the side

lunch: philly cheese steak sandwich with fries and an amazing coleslaw

post workout meal: barbeque grilled chicken and spaghetti with meat sauce from gino's!

and for dinner im gonna be at my parents house having ribeye steak, scalloped potatoes, cesar salad, and honey glazed ham

life's good

Archived