The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

Canucks44219

Just trying to see what people think here about this. I personally am a HUGE Canucks fan but live in Toronto and I only get to go to the games in TO. I get to see how horrible the Leafs fans are for example 2 years ago Giguerre was in net having a great game and in the 3rd period he lets in a weak goal from Raymond. The very next time Giguerre touches the puck he gets the bronx cheer. I think of it this way fans have the choice to support their team chanting "go leafs go" (or Canucks in my case) or they can turn their backs on the team.

For the past 2 years all I see is Vancouver fans trying to run Luongo out of this city. Booing him every chance they get. Schneider is in net and fans want to still blame Lu for goals that go in on Cory. Here we are just TWO GAMES till the playoffs and you treat your players this way against Anaheim. Who cares what happened last night in the game, who cares how many goals they scored, it certainly would have been an great show of faith to support Luongo at this time. We wouldnt have made it to the final last year without Luongo and we definitely wouldnt have made game 7 of the final. Remember folks Cory didnt win either. Are Canucks fans an 8-0 loss away from running him out of town?

My main point is the fans in Vancouver that I see that are basically without being rude just not fans of Vancouver. I'm sure its not all fans and not even close to it but there certainly are enough to make a huge impression. Here we are just TWO games and you knock your team like this. Is it the first place standing that bothers you all this much? Did we not win all 82 games so you are upset as fans? Is a player who brings us to game 7 of the final not good enough for you? Maybe Schneider and his 2 losses are better, maybe its not. Are you willing to jump ship and gamble and be back in a potential goalie graveyard again? Team Canada's goalie apparently not good enough? Fans feel the need to add another obstacle along the way by putting doubts in players minds.

Do Vancouver fans DESERVE a cup?

A lot of people are saying that it has nothing to do with the fans I respectfully disagree. We all know the home team comes roaring out the gates normally and the road team has to calm the game down first 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure the fans of Chicago and grrrr Boston got to Luongo in previous years. Fans can even get your coach fired.

Also want to add that its great to see some wonderful passionate Canucks fans responses. Of course there are great ones out there as well. Ones that certainly do deserve to watch this team be successful.

Well it does have something to do with us. Fans provide an energy boost in playoff situations for one. However that isnt my question. My question is do the fans of vancouver deserve it? Whether or not they have anything to do with it, do they deserve it.

We are lucky to have a goaltender like Luongo because hes one of the best in the league of now. His only problem is consistency, but when he is plays well he's nearly unstoppable. We are a team, and a city, that has never won a cup. Luongo can help get us there. Why so many fans are so arrogant is absolutely beyond me. Luongo does not deserve to hear the bull that comes out of stupid over-reactive kids.

I feel if you asked this question 20 years ago, I would say yes, however now.

No.

There are fans I would say do deserve a cup as we have waited and supported the team long and hard, through hell and back, and then there are fans who never give any positive energy to the team. I feel we should consider ourselves blessed we have 2 amazing goaltenders, possibly 3, yet we give them all negative feedback. Schnieder included because does he really want to play in a city that jeers their own goaltenders on a consist basis?

I want to see this team win the cup more than anything, but you look at the teams who won the cup the last four years, have an amazing fan-base that constantly supports the team. All the energy and motivation that must bring, really does help.

I don't really like to say whether the fans deserve a Cup or not. The fans don't win the Stanley Cup, the players do. Do the fans deserve to celebrate if the Canucks do win the Cup and feel like a part of their success? Depends on the fan. Some are idiots, some aren't.

How can someone or a group of people who don't even play in the games or help shape the team from a front office or ownership perspective "deserve" a Stanley Cup?

See, that's the problem with sports fans today. They have a sense of entitlement about them that is incredibly disturbing. Not to mention a delusional belief that they actually contribute to the team in the games they play...from their seats!

And, the players with their phony "we couldn't do it without you" doesn't help matters, either.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone registered at CDC ''deserves" a Stanley Cup as much as or even more than, say, Sami Salo.

Come on people, the cup is as much the city's as it is the players. No city, no fans, NO CUP!!!

And to the OP, it's becoming more and more obvious that the league wide label of Canucks fans is true. Whining fair-weather cry-babies. So unfortunately no, the majority of fans don't deserve it IMO

Archived