Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucks44219

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

188 posts in this topic

Well it does have something to do with us. Fans provide an energy boost in playoff situations for one. However that isnt my question. My question is do the fans of vancouver deserve it? Whether or not they have anything to do with it, do they deserve it.

Every passionate fan base has it's share of crazies. It's the fan bases that don't give a damn or know anything about hockey who don't get emotionally involved in what happens with their teams

We are lucky to have a goaltender like Luongo because hes one of the best in the league of now. His only problem is consistency, but when he is plays well he's nearly unstoppable. We are a team, and a city, that has never won a cup. Luongo can help get us there. Why so many fans are so arrogant is absolutely beyond me. Luongo does not deserve to hear the bull that comes out of stupid over-reactive kids.

IMO, Vancouver fans bring more of a negative energy boost than a positive one.

Every passionate fan base has it's share of crazies. It's the fan bases that don't give a damn or know anything about hockey who don't get emotionally involved in what happens with their teams

I feel if you asked this question 20 years ago, I would say yes, however now.

No.

There are fans I would say do deserve a cup as we have waited and supported the team long and hard, through hell and back, and then there are fans who never give any positive energy to the team. I feel we should consider ourselves blessed we have 2 amazing goaltenders, possibly 3, yet we give them all negative feedback. Schnieder included because does he really want to play in a city that jeers their own goaltenders on a consist basis?

I want to see this team win the cup more than anything, but you look at the teams who won the cup the last four years, have an amazing fan-base that constantly supports the team. All the energy and motivation that must bring, really does help.

Unfortunately, it's the boos that sound the loudest.

I don't really like to say whether the fans deserve a Cup or not. The fans don't win the Stanley Cup, the players do. Do the fans deserve to celebrate if the Canucks do win the Cup and feel like a part of their success? Depends on the fan. Some are idiots, some aren't.

Put it this way,

Just for *not* snapping on 80% of their *fans* here & in the media, the Canuck players <and mgmt> deserve an award.

How can someone or a group of people who don't even play in the games or help shape the team from a front office or ownership perspective "deserve" a Stanley Cup?

See, that's the problem with sports fans today. They have a sense of entitlement about them that is incredibly disturbing. Not to mention a delusional belief that they actually contribute to the team in the games they play...from their seats!

And, the players with their phony "we couldn't do it without you" doesn't help matters, either.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone registered at CDC ''deserves" a Stanley Cup as much as or even more than, say, Sami Salo.

Put it this way,

Just for *not* snapping on 80% of their *fans* here & in the media, the Canuck players <and mgmt> deserve an award.

NO! Lets all boo the Henrik next game, hasn't scored at home since when December? We should throw stuff at him and chant for Daniel.

Come on people, the cup is as much the city's as it is the players. No city, no fans, NO CUP!!!

And to the OP, it's becoming more and more obvious that the league wide label of Canucks fans is true. Whining fair-weather cry-babies. So unfortunately no, the majority of fans don't deserve it IMO