Philadelphia

Phoenix

Pittsburgh

San Jose

St Louis

Tampa Bay

Toronto

and Washington.

Like I said before, boos are louder than cheers. You're telling me because a successful team has bandwagoners that don't know anything about hockey (gee, really? I forgot Vancouver is the only team with bandwagoners) that the guy whose supported them for 41 years of abysmal failure and disappointment doesn't deserve a cup?

Do the fans deserve a cup?

Fans pay money, and the product we expect is the cup.

If fans are complaining, that means they don't like the product they see. That's not the fans fault, it's the team and management's fault. They are trying to sell their games.

Luongo > Crawford

Luongo > Rinne

Luongo > Niemi

Thomas > Luongo

The only reason Luongo "melted down" last year in the Finals is because the team in front of him forgot how to play hockey. Saying Luongo melts down in the big games is incredibly ignorant. If that were the case, than Ryan Miller would be wearing a gold medal.

skip to '2:00'

"GO CANUCKS GO"

They get shut out on home ice in game 7 of the cup final and the fans cheer them on.

We're terrible terrible fans. I mean, the players are treated like rock stars and we have the longest sellout streak in the nhl, coupled with ridiculously high prices, and we're bad fans. A few idiots boo Luongo and we don't 'deserve' the cup.

"GO CANUCKS GO"

They get shut out on home ice in game 7 of the cup final and the fans cheer them on.

We're terrible terrible fans. I mean, the players are treated like rock stars and we have the longest sellout streak in the nhl, coupled with ridiculously high prices, and we're bad fans. A few idiots boo Luongo and we don't 'deserve' the cup.

I'm sorry but all those teams minus LA would be thrilled to have our goalie tandem. Yet in Vancouver it's constantly an issue....even with a 7 game win streak, Lu's gettin boo'd and all I hear is "goalie controversy."

And please don't put words in my mouth....no where did I say ALL Canuck fans don't deserve the cup.

I believe the big bucks are there because they have highly specialized skills AND dangerous jobs. If people don't like how much they get paid, watch something where people volunteer their time and bodies for your entertainment. Good luck finding something.

Big pay doesn't entitle people to treat them like they are scum for having a bad day. Nor should it blind people to reality and be used to justify giving them blanket blame for anything we don't like.

Saying that Canucks fans don't deserve a cup, whether you were talking about a specific group of fans or not is a blanket statement. You can't divide the groups of a fanbase up when they win or lose and say "you can be happy and celebrate, you can't" or "you deserved that loss and you didn't."

"GO CANUCKS GO"

The thing is, our fan base is turning into the Montreal Canadiens' fan base. Praise Price when he wins, boo Price when he loses. If you boo the team and/or anybody on your team, then it's quite clear what to do - stop cheering for that team.

We've been one of the best teams in the league for the past 3 years. Ironically enough, that's around the same time the Luongo haters really got in full gear. There's absolutely no reason for the team/players to get boo'd in a REGULAR season game when we're #1 in the Conference. Even if a player has a bad game or two in a row, that doesn't mean he should automatically become the #1 public enemy.

Same can be said for Raymond. Everybody was calling for his head on a stick, now recently he really turned his game around and now people are praising Raymond.

There's a few of us that deserve it. However, the bandwagoners can go F**k themselves. At the end of the day, the players deserve it for sure. Not sure I can say the same about the majority of the Canucks fan base.

You mean a drunken crowd that followed pack mentality started a riot when there were people there explicitly for the purpose of starting one?

I forgot, that only happens with Canucks fans as well. How about us getting 158,000 people downtown to watch a game with their fellow fans. What other city is that devoted to their team? If those conditions were in any other city a riot would happen as well.

Archived