The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Players Don't Want To Sign In Vancouver.

doobie

Believe it or not how we and the media treat the players will come back to bite us in the ass soon enough. Absolutely disgusting display by our fans last night and and many other times this season, I was at the game when Lou and Cory split a shut out. Lou got drilled with a slap shot in the neck and had to leave the game, hardly anyone cheered when he got up of the ice and everyone went nuts when saw Cory come in.

Love this team, hate these fans.

Players will go where they have a chance to win.

Vancouver fans, and even Canadian fans, have been like this forever. Everything is overanalyzed and over-criticized. This is nothing new.

AV made a good point about Montreal fans, and how they actually made billboards to try and get Roy out of town. And he won them two Stanley cups. If you think Vancouver fans are bad, you have no idea what Habs fans are like.

Jason Botchford is way off base saying Luongo is the team MVP this year, sure he's had a decent year overall but definitely not team MVP, I would put Hamhuis or Higgins above him in that regard and possibly 1 or 2 other players....sorry but calling Luongo the team MVP with the numbers he's put up this season is homerism in its truest form.

Believe it or not how we and the media treat the players will come back to bite us in the ass soon enough. Absolutely disgusting display by our fans last night and and many other times this season, I was at the game when Lou and Cory split a shut out. Lou got drilled with a slap shot in the neck and had to leave the game, hardly anyone cheered when he got up of the ice and everyone went nuts when saw Cory come in.

Love this team, hate these fans.

Jason Botchford is way off base saying Luongo is the team MVP this year, sure he's had a decent year overall but definitely not team MVP, I would put Hamhuis or Higgins above him in that regard and possibly 1 or 2 other players....sorry but calling Luongo the team MVP with the numbers he's put up this season is homerism in its truest form.

Big-game players who can handle the pressure will go to a team that they feel has a chance to win, plain and simple.

The Canucks organization is top-notch with its facilities and the way the players are treated. That is quite evident with the extra money the organization spends to ensure the players are performing at their highest level.

It's really about creating a winning culture, and I think Gillis and the Aquilinis have done that.

Archived