The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Players Don't Want To Sign In Vancouver.

doobie

Big-game players who can handle the pressure will go to a team that they feel has a chance to win, plain and simple.

The Canucks organization is top-notch with its facilities and the way the players are treated. That is quite evident with the extra money the organization spends to ensure the players are performing at their highest level.

It's really about creating a winning culture, and I think Gillis and the Aquilinis have done that.

Jason Botchford is way off base saying Luongo is the team MVP this year, sure he's had a decent year overall but definitely not team MVP, I would put Hamhuis or Higgins above him in that regard and possibly 1 or 2 other players....sorry but calling Luongo the team MVP with the numbers he's put up this season is homerism in its truest form.

Yes,Not sure how that makes sense on the Leagues best overall team,Highest scoring team,You could give it to a goalie who is 15th overall in save % and 21 st overall in gaa ?

If anything Schneider is #1 and #2 League overall with 20 wins in Less games

Every game he is in he gives his team a chance to win.

This is where I would expect a Team MVP in League Statistics on a High scoring Presidents Team to be

Believe it or not how we and the media treat the players will come back to bite us in the ass soon enough. Absolutely disgusting display by our fans last night and and many other times this season, I was at the game when Lou and Cory split a shut out. Lou got drilled with a slap shot in the neck and had to leave the game, hardly anyone cheered when he got up of the ice and everyone went nuts when saw Cory come in.

Love this team, hate these fans.

The was a vote done with the NHLPA and Vancouver was either 2 or 3 on the list of most desirable teams to play for. The fans have little to nothing to do with a player wanting to play in a city. Its all about the organization, and the players we have (considering the sacrifices some of them have made) agree with this sentiment.

Apparently you have never been to Atlanta. Not sure how comparing a city that has been rated as one of the best in the world for quality of life, an organization that has been labeled as one of the best in the NHL, and a team with the longest active sellout streak could compare to......Atlanta?

Would Phoenix be a better comparison then?

What I'm saying is, a lot of the time the fanbase does play a part in whether a player wants to play there or not. There's a lot of people who don't want to play for a Canadian team because of the exposure.

Fans pay to see the Canucks put a good product on the ice. Some fans are also aware of the value of players' contracts. I'm not saying booing Lu is a good or nice thing to do, but when the fans who are paying your $5/year salary don't see something they like, they can boo, and they shouldn't be lambasted for it.

If you went to a movie and it sucked horribly and you just wasted $20, and you knew the filmmaker was in the theatre, would you boo? Yes.

There are plenty of people who work thankless jobs for measly pay and get blasted by the public all the time. Police, soldiers, etc stick their lives on the line everyday.

If you get paid $50m over 10 years to play a game you love in one of the best cities on the planet, and you let 4 goals in on 15 shots... as much as I might love Lu for carrying us to game 7 last year (and we did only get there because of him), if you suck like that, damn right I will withdraw my support until you step your game up to match your salary, and stop wasting the money I paid for the ticket.

Luongo is a grown-ass man playing the game every Canadian wants to play in a hockey crazed Canadian city, being paid millions. Booing will happen and it's part of his job to take that criticism in stride and work hard so that he doesn't make the same mistakes again. If he plays well, he will not get booed, simple as that.

Archived