The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Players Don't Want To Sign In Vancouver.

doobie

Believe it or not how we and the media treat the players will come back to bite us in the ass soon enough. Absolutely disgusting display by our fans last night and and many other times this season, I was at the game when Lou and Cory split a shut out. Lou got drilled with a slap shot in the neck and had to leave the game, hardly anyone cheered when he got up of the ice and everyone went nuts when saw Cory come in.

Love this team, hate these fans.

:picard:

Also I think you don't understand the meaning of the word "ignorant", by the way. Booing may be a dick move, but in what capacity would it be ignorant?

And on what grounds do you say I know jack about hockey? And on what grounds can you call me a fairweather fan, simply because I want the team to use players that give us the best chance to win? I'd like you to back up some of your claims instead of simply using non-applicable ad hominem attacks against me.

One might venture to say that YOU are the ignorant one, in fact.

totally agree OP.. vancouver fans are brutal!, and i am constantly ashamed to be associated with most of you.

how is it that when i go to the bar in edmonton i usually find at least 1 or 2 vancouver fans that are knowledgable, intelligent hockey fans, yet at the games and in downtown vancouver (on game nights) its only pathetic bandwagoners, and young punks who shout crap like "TRADE LUONGO" at the cameras... i mean, what the hell is wrong with this fanbase?

while im on rant - what the hell is wrong with AV? benching luongo on his birthday... the only one who should have been riding the pine at 4-2 is gragnani!

signed,

disgusted.

Players will go where they have a chance to win.

Vancouver fans, and even Canadian fans, have been like this forever. Everything is overanalyzed and over-criticized. This is nothing new.

AV made a good point about Montreal fans, and how they actually made billboards to try and get Roy out of town. And he won them two Stanley cups. If you think Vancouver fans are bad, you have no idea what Habs fans are like.

how is it that when i go to the bar in edmonton i usually find at least 1 or 2 vancouver fans that are knowledgable, intelligent hockey fans, yet at the games and in downtown vancouver (on game nights) its only pathetic bandwagoners, and young punks who shout crap like "TRADE LUONGO" at the cameras... i mean, what the hell is wrong with this fanbase?

Ig-no-rant : Lacking knowledge or information.

Booing someone elses hard work and accomplishments because "You don't approve" deffinitly says you lack the knowledge and information to comprehend what that person has gone through in thier life in order to even make a movie, and respect the hard work and dedication it takes, which would make you ignorant.

You claim "you're" paying player salaries when quite frankly you have NO clue where your ticket money went to, which deffinitly says you lack the knowledge and information, which would make you ignorant.

As for your hockey knowledge, if your booing your #1 goaltender after having 1 bad game after a steller stretch? well....nuff said.

Oh ya, the fairweather fan bit....let me quote you.

"if you suck like that, damn right I will withdraw my support until you step your game"

"If he plays well, he will not get booed, simple as that."

That clearly says "I cheer when we win and I boo when we lose", pretty sure that's a perfect deffinition of Fairweather.

Fair-weath-er: weakening or failing in time of trouble

Luongo is our #1, I realize you're a C.S. fan by your statement of wanting the best players to play in order to give the Canucks the best chance to win. Luongo has always given the Canucks a chance to win, he will stink the place up every once in awhile but that's no different than ANY OTHER goalie.

I hope I cleared things up for you, good day to you.

1) He IS a star. 2-time gold medalist. 1-time Stanley Cup finalist. 3-time Vezina nominee. Getting close to Patrick Roy's numbers. More than what ANYBODY can say for Schneider.

2) He's not a 7-million dollar goalie. right off the bat you don't know what you're talking about.

3) One bad game doesn't automatically mean Schneider is better than Luongo. Tim Thomas, Ryan Miller, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Ken Dryen, believe it or not, ALL got pulled MANY, many times in their careers. Guess all their back-ups are better than them too.

I'm still confused with this statement, you don't sign cheques for the players, sure ticket buyers contribute to a bigger picture but "you" are not paying anyones a salary. Anyways, what exactly do you think the orginization owes you? you're paying for entertainment, if you're not entertained anymore than stop paying for it. You people that argue that somehow you're owed something besides entertainment for purchasing tickets is asinine.

OH OH WAIT!!!

I pay my shaw bill, which means I can watch the Canucks on T.V. which sends revenue to the orginization, DANMITT CANUCKS YOU OWE ME A GOD DANM STANLEY CUP YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!! OH AND THAT KID STANDING BESIDE LUONGO BEFORE THE START OF THE GAME....I DON'T LIKE HIM GET RID OF HIM A.S.A.P.

Players won't sign in Vancouver because MG doesn't want to shell out big money. Players want money, and they will go to the team that shows them the most green. The players that usually are sticking around in Vancouver (for less coin) are the ones that have been brought up through our farm team and feel a sense of loyalty to the organization.

I don't disagree with MG not spending but that along with the fact that he brings in talent that AV has previously couched and he has previosuly been an agent for might be a bit worrying in the future.

Archived