Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Gdt] - Canucks @ Flames - April 5, 2012

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
931 replies to this topic

#931 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

You can't blame Schneider when he didn't have a team in front of him. Salo played like a 65 year old and Booth thought he was still in bed sleeping.

Not sure how booth was sleeping he was trying more then kesler or henrik tonight.

#932 StanleyCup=HolyGrail

StanleyCup=HolyGrail

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

@ Buckfoster.

Ok. nice to know that you are not a completely blind homer. You will have to get used to some of us being rather harsh on the team at times though. We have our own passion for the team and we generally go off on rants when the team is playing brutal hockey or if we really have a beef with the way a player is playing. This is called caring. Wanting to see the best from your team and being totally disappointed with them at teams for lack of effort usually.
The Canucks have me concerned. I would love nothing more then to see the cup hoisted by Henrik this season. But unlke last season where I really believed that could happen. What I have seen in general from the Canucks this year does not cause me to have high hopes. Maybe this is on purpose so that thier fans don't expect it. A way to take the pressure off a bit. We are a hockey freak market and the majority of the fans here know the game very well and know exactly what they are seeing and also know what is a reasonable expectation based on that perception. We have the blind homers who all have the Canucks as cup winners even in non playoff years. The rest of us will comment and critique and for the most part we are telling it the way it is.
Going into the playoffs. I have the Canucks getting through round 1 inspite of the many issues. I have hopes that this warm up round will cause them to find their game. They clearly are not playing at the high standards of last year's team. In fact, their play of late has not been very good. Even when they win, they look bad doing it. I just don't see the Canucks team that can win it all showing up to play right now and i have not seen this for some time now. I believe that this team is there and that this can happen. I definately hope that they find themselves before it is too late

Edited by StanleyCup=HolyGrail, 06 April 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Shootouts are entertaining but they are not worth points!!!

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.