Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Nuck Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#31 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I live in a country where the only Hockey related discussion I get is .... "what's offside?" and "which sport is whiter Hockey or Nascar?".

lol which country is this if you don't mind me asking

#32 Hamhuised

Hamhuised

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Living in calgary. Try to hit up the dome to cheer on the boys.

#33 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

It's hard to be a Canucks fan. I was raised in the the Lower Mainland then spent 10 years in Alberta and endured the terrible Canuck years when Calgary was a powerhouse and won the cup. Then I watch a game on TV (I've been in Salmon Arm for 20 years) and I hear this classless jeering of Luongo for being pulled. Yeah, he didn't have the greatest game but the defensive coverage was poor.

They aren't going to trade a 33 year old goalie with a big contract. Lu is the man for the nucks for years to come and this is the reception he gets (on a regular basis)? Overall, he's had a great year and lead us to the top of the Western Conference. Yes, Schneids has played great too but many less games. No wonder they call Vancouver a goalie grave yard. The arrogant arena fans (not so much CDC) make it hard to remain a Canucks fan but I will continue with them.
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#34 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hey where is there a good bar in Toronto to watch Canucks playoff games amongst/with other Canucks fans?

Wayne Gretzky's and Real Sports Bar
You wil find canucks fans here but don't think there is a bar dedicated just for canucks fans atleast not that I know of.
My usual spot is boston pizza because it's close to my place

#35 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

My advice to you: show up without tickets to game 2 in round 1. Wait till the game starts and maybe you can still buy a ticket from a scalper. There are several guys who are regulars there and sell good tix. Just make sure you are ready to not get in using this method and watch at a nearby bar.

Guess I'll have to wait a year or two to do that method then haha. Thanks for the advice though. I've never really been fond of scalpers, and I don't think I'd be able to connive my way into cheaper tickets.. Some of them are real sketchy

#36 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm a student who can barely afford his own food. But I'd glady take donations in the form of tickets. I would give my left kidney to go to a playoff game with the Canucks.
(On the fence about my right kidney)

Suck it up. I was once a semi-sorta struggling student. We used to get drunk on pub night (Thu) and decide we were driving to Calgary or Edmonton for HNIC. Ramen noodles and vodka in your water bottle!
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#37 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Guess I'll have to wait a year or two to do that method then haha. Thanks for the advice though. I've never really been fond of scalpers, and I don't think I'd be able to connive my way into cheaper tickets.. Some of them are real sketchy

They really aren't. Just get there early to see who the guys are selling lots of tix. Heck, go by Saturday and note who is who. It's almost always the same guys. There is a point where you might pay face value or lower. Just don't try for game 1. I guess thogh game 2 will likely be a Saturday and you'll be screwed there too.

Try for round 2. Nobody is as excited and others are waiting for the WCF.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#38 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

I honestly love all the fans on CDC that don't talk crap about the Canucks, the fans that are loyal to them, and the die hard Canuck fans. But there's one thing I don't like…why aren't you guys at the arena

I was there Saturday.
Having small children means I only get to about 1.5 games a year now. buut... my son is now 1-0 for games he attends.

8th row, right behind AV...

...for anyone who only sees him on TV and has ever wondered about his hair, the back of his head is expertly coiffed.
Certainly worth 2 minutes for looking so good. lol...

...don't judge me for that last bit ^ though, 2/3 of the game was 'a tad slow.'

Edited by Mad_Duck, 04 April 2012 - 11:46 PM.

I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#39 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image

#40 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

i enjoy watching them on TV, commentators like Hughson, shorthouse, and Garret make it entertaining. one day i will watch a canuck game at Rogers Rena, its just i live 4 hours from Vancouver and im not a fan of vancouver traffic.

Posted Image

#41 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

They really aren't. Just get there early to see who the guys are selling lots of tix. Heck, go by Saturday and note who is who. It's almost always the same guys. There is a point where you might pay face value or lower. Just don't try for game 1. I guess thogh game 2 will likely be a Saturday and you'll be screwed there too.

Try for round 2. Nobody is as excited and others are waiting for the WCF.

Yeah I was thinking of waiting for Round 2 anyways to get tickets. I just think that people will pay whatever price they want as long as they get seats. If you look for seats for the play-offs, there's barely any. Mostly single seats, or some pair seats, but not much variety. So people who are willing to dish out money probably won't have a problem paying the scalpers off..

#42 dsedinfan22

dsedinfan22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

my pay cheque tomorrow is all going towards canucks tickets and I'm only 19, the only this i spend my money on is canucks there my life, went to game 5 last year of the scf best time off my life

#43 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

I honestly love all the fans on CDC that don't talk crap about the Canucks, the fans that are loyal to them, and the die hard Canuck fans. But there's one thing I don't like…why aren't you guys at the arena

i live in san diego...i made it to the anaheim vs canucks game on the 29th of january...largest crowd in anaheim history and even schneider said it felt like a home game. tons of van naitives made the trip and came out...our chants and cheers drowned the ducks fans completely out. it was great.

#44 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I live in a stupid desert, dustbowl called Las Vegas... Now you know why... :sadno:

#45 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

I live in a stupid desert, dustbowl called Las Vegas... Now you know why... :sadno:

great to visit hell to live...the drive from here in san diego is hell too so even catching an anaheim or LA game for you would be hell....the drive to phx isnt bad and jobing.com arena where the coyotes play is right off the freeway you take in to town from vegas, pretty easy acess and 5 hours of driving.

#46 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I live in Saskatchewan. :(
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#47 aca11

aca11

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Oh I would love to go to a Canucks game. But Im afraid of the disappointment. ie Luongo letting 4+ goals.

#48 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

im still a student, tuition food rent is enough lol, i still manage to make it to at least 2 games reg season, and playoffs are a diff story cuz i dont take summer semester.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#49 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

I think it's safe to assume that most of us fans can only afford to go to a few games a year, or for many, none at all.

RIP LB RR PD

#50 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

When you live in Saskatchewan, you tend to miss a few home games.

I got to catch them while they were down in Phoenix however. Though they lost in a shootout, man was it a treat to just feel the atmosphere of a Canucks game. Like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Incredible!

Edited by Kes_4_Pres, 05 April 2012 - 03:24 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#51 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

I live in Saskatchewan. :(

Same :) Go Nucks from: Sask!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#52 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Wayne Gretzky's and Real Sports Bar
You wil find canucks fans here but don't think there is a bar dedicated just for canucks fans atleast not that I know of.
My usual spot is boston pizza because it's close to my place

Cool, thank you for the suggestion.

#53 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

Aquilini
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#54 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

This is just just like the start of the season when everyone was crazy about schneider. Then Luongo silenced them all. Now please do it again lou.

We know you are the best.
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#55 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

I live way out in the weeds in Manitoba and have been a fan for 41 years and have never been to a live game with the Canucks. Going to see them in the Peg next year even if i have to dig a tunnel under Portage Ave. into the MTS center.

#56 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,974 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Had closed this, but am reopening as people are sharing their stories of where they are, etc. and it's a pretty good discussion....

Posted Image

#57 Lemming

Lemming

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

been to two games this year. and I think 5 ever.

money money money moonaaaay
monaaaaaaay

can't afford

I watch too much of The Apprentice...

In response to this thread though, I was a student when I lived in Vancouver, so I had no money. Now I have a job but I live far away. What are ya gonna do...

I wish I had a job that paid as well as the one I have now and I lived in Vancouver.

#58 Canuck_Epidemic

Canuck_Epidemic

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

I would love to see a game at Rogers Arena; unfortunately, I'm in Windsor and can only catch the Canucks live when they play Detroit. Definitely on the list to make a trip to Vancouver to see a home game, just have to plan and save accordingly. Until then, I will keep going to crappy Joe Louis Arena and cheering on the team.
Posted Image

#59 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,838 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I live 500 miles away as the crow flies and 950 by road....

...it's a bit of an expensive commute...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#60 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

I shout loud enough from my living room in southwest Calgary to make up for all the suits that get in to Rogers Arena ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.