Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Nuck Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#61 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I honestly love all the fans on CDC that don't talk crap about the Canucks, the fans that are loyal to them, and the die hard Canuck fans. But there's one thing I don't like…why aren't you guys at the arena

I am.
Posted Image

#62 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

It's hard to be a Canucks fan. I was raised in the the Lower Mainland then spent 10 years in Alberta and endured the terrible Canuck years when Calgary was a powerhouse and won the cup. Then I watch a game on TV (I've been in Salmon Arm for 20 years) and I hear this classless jeering of Luongo for being pulled. Yeah, he didn't have the greatest game but the defensive coverage was poor. They aren't going to trade a 33 year old goalie with a big contract. Lu is the man for the nucks for years to come and this is the reception he gets (on a regular basis)? Overall, he's had a great year and lead us to the top of the Western Conference. Yes, Schneids has played great too but many less games. No wonder they call Vancouver a goalie grave yard. The arrogant arena fans (not so much CDC) make it hard to remain a Canucks fan but I will continue with them.

First of all the so called goalie graveyard was not any fault of the fans. It was the coaches not happy with the goalies we had back up or not. The only one that maybe got booed was cloutier as he was not very good in the playoffs.He was working thru enjuries but eventually he was traded all other goalies were mostly backup s that did not live up to expectations and were let go..

#63 Olliepoppins

Olliepoppins

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

I honestly love all the fans on CDC that don't talk crap about the Canucks, the fans that are loyal to them, and the die hard Canuck fans. But there's one thing I don't like…why aren't you guys at the arena

I live in Boston :(. Therefore, I am there in spirit. Been to one game this season and that was in NJ and I had to make a weekend out of it, set me back moneywise for quite a bit.

#64 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

I live in Dallas/Fort Worth, but I often refer to my heart as Rogers Arena AKA the heart formerly known as GM Place AKA the heart formally formally known as Pacific Coliseum.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#65 SkateLogoWasBetter

SkateLogoWasBetter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

I was raised on Long Island so I've been to games......against the Islanders (with my dearly departed dad, every season from 1988 to 1997) the Rangers, the Whalers, the BOOins and the Devils. I planned my winter vacation in 1997 just right and saw them against the Ducks and the Kings and the Sharks. College was upstate NY so I've seen them against the Sabres, the Senators, the Canadiens and the Maple Leafs. My job took me to Carolina two years ago so I saw them against the Hurricanes and drove the 5 hours south to see them against the Thrashers.

From what I hear, had I saved up all that money from every game I have seen them, I STILL couldn't afford the airfare, hotel and tickets to see them in VanCity. Oh well, I there with you fans in spirit =)
Posted Image">

My expansive Sami Salo Game worn collection: sami-salo.webs.com

#66 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

For some of us, finances are tight. When it comes to going to live games versus family necessities, family wins out. Though every time there is a game televised, the entire family watches it. My wife became a "rabid" Canucks fan after she moved up from the States in 2000. And I've been here after moving from "Coiler country" in Jan'76. Was really nasty having to live in "Coiler country" for the first 6 years of my life. :(

HistoryVisionDrive-HeartofaCanuck_rs.jpg

#67 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

And, yes...I know the Oilers weren't in the NHL back then. They were WHA from 1972-79. Still didn't stop me from hating them.

HistoryVisionDrive-HeartofaCanuck_rs.jpg

#68 nucklehead1991

nucklehead1991

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'm a student who can barely afford his own food. But I'd glady take donations in the form of tickets. I would give my left kidney to go to a playoff game with the Canucks.
(On the fence about my right kidney)

I feel your pain bro, hang in there though and we will soon have seasons tickets with out huge paycheques :frantic:

#69 guyfromblackcreek

guyfromblackcreek

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm working in Russia, but I still get up early and watch as much of the game as I can before I go to work.
You must be a season ticket holder if you're at all the games.. I make good money and and can't afford more than 1-3 games a year, when I'm home..
I like to think I'm a True Canucks Fan, 41 yrs and I've always believed in My Canucks!

#70 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I shout loud enough from my living room in southwest Calgary to make up for all the suits that get in to Rogers Arena ::D

Same here. Pretty sure my family wants to kick me out of the house every game day though. :lol:

#71 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

my pay cheque tomorrow is all going towards canucks tickets and I'm only 19, the only this i spend my money on is canucks there my life, went to game 5 last year of the scf best time off my life

nice man

#72 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

First of all the so called goalie graveyard was not any fault of the fans. It was the coaches not happy with the goalies we had back up or not. The only one that maybe got booed was cloutier as he was not very good in the playoffs.He was working thru enjuries but eventually he was traded all other goalies were mostly backup s that did not live up to expectations and were let go..

What about Felix "The Cat" Potvin? He was hailed as the second coming. He had some mediocre games and the fans jumped all over him and I guess he had a fragile ego and was never the same. Maybe the "goalie graveyard" might be a little harsh for me to say but the bigger point is that the fans reaction to the pulling of Lu was bu## sh## - given what Lu has done for this team and given that he will be with us for years more (IMO).
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#73 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Wish I could afford it.
Only Canucks ticket I can afford is to go to Superskills every year.
And treat myself to the best seats for that ::D I buy my ticket very early.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#74 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

because i live in australia .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#75 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Do I feel sorry for you

:sadno:

Edited by Monteeun, 06 April 2012 - 06:21 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#76 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Id love to go to a game, but Im 4 hours away. I agree our fans are awesome. The only time Ive heard anyone say anything bad about them, was here on this site. By a so called Canucks fan

Do you not watch tv or read the newspaper? Listen to the radio??

I've been to a few games this year and the fans were good, quiet but knowledgeable for the most part. Anaheim game was an embarrassment though.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.