Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Understand

Western Conference Clinched....if We Win Tonight!?

St Louis owns the tiebreaker. we need 3/4 points IF they go 2 for 2 with their games remaining.

If they lose in Overtime tonight and we win, we clinch

If they lose in reg and we win ,we clinch.

St Louis owns the tiebreaker. we need 3/4 points IF they go  2 for 2 with their games remaining.

If they lose in Overtime tonight and we win, we clinch

If they lose in reg and we win ,we clinch.

Yeah, I just realized that.  Edited my post.  We can't clinch tonight due to the tie breaker.

1st tie breaker:  Regulation + OT wins (or wins minus shootout wins)

2nd Tie Breaker: Points earned in head to head games.

Canucks NEED to finish with more points than the Blues

even if they tie in ROWs (best the Canucks can do there is tie them), Blues hold the second tiebreaker (5 points in season series, to the Canucks' 4)

edit: n/m the 2nd tie breaker, IF they tie, then the Blues will have more ROWs. My bad

The Blues hold the tie breaker so the only way for us to clinch the West is for us to win and for the Blues to lose their next game or to capture 3 of our next 4 points.

The President's trophy will be a little more difficult. Rangers hold the tie breaker and are tied in points with us so if they win tonight and we lose they clinch no. 1 in the league.

No we need 2 points not 1

If we only get 1 St. Louis can win both and get 4 points and they would be 1 point ahead

We need 3 points to clinch, Not two...

Tie breaker goes to St. Louis.

If we tie , Blues will hold the tiebreaker with more ROW wins, no matter what. we just need 1 more point then them to end the season. For clinching tonight, We need to win, coupled with any sort of loss with the blues. Be it in reg or OT