The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Edler Hit 50 Points?

Live.&.Die.Nucks

Will Edler hit 50 points?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'll need to get to 50 to be considered an elite defenceman in the league right now. I know points don't matter as much as overall ability, but if he stays below 50, he'll always be considered underrated and not in the same class as Chara, Weber, etc...

He won't be considered a star around the league I guess is the best way of putting it.

He'll need to get to 50 to be considered an elite defenceman in the league right now. I know points don't matter as much as overall ability, but if he stays below 50, he'll always be considered underrated and not in the same class as Chara, Weber, etc...

He won't be considered a star around the league I guess is the best way of putting it.

Seriously? The way he has played the last half of the season (poorly), 50 points certainly isn't going to change anyone's perception of him. You have to get over the "the more points he has = the better defenseman he is" misconception. In my opinion he has not come close to taking that step forward everyone expected this year.

You clearly don't know how to read.. Take a look at what I said "I know points don't matter as much as overall ability".. Obviously I don't believe in the "most more points he has = the better defenseman he is" misconception, because I said it in my post..

More points will just get his name around more in the league, make him more famous.. Do you think anyone gave a crap about Keith Yandle before he put up 59 points last year?.. You see the point I'm trying to make, hopefully..

Breaking a milestone amount like 50 points will make a difference in how people, especially the media will perceive Edler.

Just look at Stamkos this season. If he scores 60, everyone will remember it as "the season that Stamkos made 60 goals, wow!" If he gets 59, no one will really remember this season over any other of his.

I reckon he can, but like a few people have said I was hoping for better things from him throughout the entirety of the year. But I reckon/hope, he'll bring his A-Game in the playoffs, we'll need him to be the player that we know he can be!

Archived