Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

{nhl}

Gragnani's Rfa Status

32 posts in this topic

Quick question here.

Farhan Lalji tweeted "Bieksa, Rome, Weise, Bitz in. Tanev, Malhotra, Alberts out. MAG stays in to get to 80 game threshold for RFA status."

So my question is what would happen if MAG didn't get his 80 games in? What would be the result of that since I am not that familiar with RFA regulations.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers

He would become a Group 6 Unrestricted free agent. Could just walk away and we'd receive nothing in return.

To summarize:

Gragnani is playing tonight - which makes him a RFA at the end of the year.

If he did not play at least 1 more game by the end of the PLAYOFFS, then he would've been a UFA

So this is the last game he has to play to gain RFA status? Grags has been pretty bad defensively, yes, but I am impressed with his passing ability and his point production. 3 points in his last 3 games is none too shabby. I feel if he plays with a stay at home D man, not Edler, he can be very effective. A future pairing of Gragnani-Tanev would be nice.

Total UFA I believe

Gragnani has only played 57 games this year

Nevermind. Got confused with Group 5. Gragnani is a Group 6.

He would be UFA. He needed to have played a certain amount of games in the NHL due to his age. Can't remember the exact rule.

He would be UFA. He needed to have played a certain amount of games in the NHL due to his age. Can't remember the exact rule.

It says right in the OP how many games.

:picard:

Maybe we can get Connauton up for the last game now? There is a guy who deserves a shot!

He has to play 80 games in the NHL regular season and playoffs, therefore he would have 73 games in the reg. season and 7 in playoffs after tonight.

I'm sure he meant all the rules, for example what age/how many years since draft etc