The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's Happy Buffalo Is Out?

danjr

Normally I wouldn't even have an opinion on the Sabres. However, I'm "happy" they didn't make it in the same way basketball fans were "happy" the Heat didn't win the championship last season. Both teams made the headlines with splashy off-season UFA signings, but, both ultimately cam up short. WAAAYYY

short in Buffalo's case.

Now I can go back to ignoring them as usual.

True, I was making the point that he left a team that truly is a contender for the Cup. Buffalo is now out of the running, so his run for the Cup is over for this year, while the Canucks could go all the way.

By the way, not a Ehrhoff hater, just disappointed that he left a great team because he thought they can't win the Cup.

Buffalo entered the NHL with then expansion partner Vancouver Canucks.

They have never won a cup,either.41 years.

With Coho and Sulzer and the Hoff on the team I was really hoping the Washington overpaid showboats would be usurped by the bison.

What kind of Canucks fans hate the players that were once on your team?

I guess said mentioned fans hated it when Mogilny scored 55 goals in Vancouver because he scored 76 goals in one season -in Buffalo.

not this guy..

lol..

rough season, tons of injuries and a rough road skid in the middle of the year..

Tip my hat to them for making it a race towards the end, but at the same time we shouldnt have been in that position..

Now go get another one Kaner!!

I wanted whoever of the two, Washington or Buffalo, was going to give the Rangers the biggest challenge to make it through. Buffalo probably had little chance, the Caps don't seem to have the will power and will likely bow out in the first round as well, so unless they get it together the Rangers will be moving on to the second round.

Always like the Sabres.

Of course Hoff and Hodgson left a bad taste around here, but trying not to let those two change the fact that I like that team, and am glad to see Sulzer really taking advantage of his opportunity.

Without Myers, the Sabres were probably in too deep in the first round in any event...

But they have some really talented young players - and you have to like the veterans that have been there for some time.

Great goaltending and a good balance of talent - a few good moves and I think they have a good shot at climbing into the middle of the playoff pack next year...

Archived