The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

Molli

Also, back to the Booth trade. As some may know, I've never been a fan of it. Mainly cause of Booths huge cap hit and huge contract, all I can see is Ballard v_2. But it's also about the guy they gave up to get Booth.

It's safe to say Gillis made a huge mistake signing Sturm in the first place, Sammy was the loss. Samuelsson has always been a playoff performer. He's one the few Canucks who could increase PPG in the playoffs (other than last yr as he was injured). He has a ton of playoff experience. As of today, Sammy is producing more pts in Florida, than Booth is here. Sammy has 6 PP goals since joining Florida. That's only 2 fewer PP goals than Kesler has ALL YEAR.

Then there's the guy Canucks got in that trade, Booth. He has a $4.3 cap hit for the next 3 YRS! Ahhh. Now gone 10 games without a single point (-4 in that time), 1 week until playoffs start. Booths never played in the NHL playoffs. Booth is sheltered defensively cause he is a liability (Sammy was not), he's not a physical guy (despite his 2 fights this yr), and he's not producing. It makes him Raymond v_2, which is top 6 on this team or bust.

I am just hoping to the hockey gods that Gillis's trades this yr won't come back to bite this team in the playoffs.

GUYS ITS OK WE ARE GONNA GET THE PRESIDENTS TRPHY. CANUCKS ARE AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE NHL AND THE RANGERS ARE AGAINST A VERY ELITE TEAM CALLED THE CAPITALS THAT ARE DESPERATE FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT IT WILL ALL WORK OUT!!

U WANNA KNOW HOW WE LOST? BLAME IT ON LUONGO LIKE WE ALWAYS DO

Man oh man, what a rough game by Bieksa & Gragnani. Some insanely costly defensive zone coverage lost us the game basically.

I was really disappointed that they decided to scratch Tanev and play Rome and Gragnani over him. Me thinks Tanev would have had his men covered when Gragnani messed up tonight.

Oh well.

Man oh man, what a rough game by Bieksa & Gragnani. Some insanely costly defensive zone coverage lost us the game basically.

I was really disappointed that they decided to scratch Tanev and play Rome and Gragnani over him. Me thinks Tanev would have had his men covered when Gragnani messed up tonight.

Oh well.

crapty deal. And I have to agree with Torts on what he had to say about the Penguins. They constantly whine about little cheap shots that Crosby and Malkin take once in a while. The Sedins get abused constantly every night and STILL find ways to make plays and put up points without whining. In Pittsburgh, they treat Malkin and Crosby like their untouchables when teams have every right to play "in your face" hockey against them. What I don't want to see is the knee-on-knees or head shots.

Dude we don't know that. Gragnani had to solid straight games, you can't expect him to scratch Gragani when he's actually starting to play good. It was just not our night tonight, and we will move from it quickly.

Archived