Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
302 replies to this topic

#271 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

LOL. Keep trying.

Don't quit your night job. :D :D :D

Nobody needs to 'try' anything, you've outed yourself by your own words. And if you think I'm the only one who is on to you, think again, champ.

Also, your material is getting old and overused. It was a tad more colourful the other night....... I am disappoint.....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 09:00 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#272 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

Anybody see that cardboard cuttout of Bitz on the ice last night?

#273 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Nobody needs to 'try' anything, you've outed yourself by your own words. And if you think I'm the only one who is on to you, think again, champ.

My own personal stalker. How cute!

Sit, heel, stay. Good girl! Try again!

This guy you are causing me of being must be a good guy. He's gotten you obsessed. LOL.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#274 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

This guy you are causing me of being must be a good guy. He's gotten you obsessed. LOL.

"Causing" you of being???? :lol: :rolleyes:

Your material is getting old, tired and overused :bored: ...... at least your schtick from the other night was a tad more creative.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#275 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Everytime I look in a thread somebody is fighting with BB

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#276 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Everytime I look in a thread somebody is fighting with BB

Then you need to get around a little more, you do.

And as you don't know the story of this particular user/issue, I would suggest you refrain from commenting on something you don't have the slightest idea of.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#277 snochick

snochick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Don't flatter yourself. You're not as special as you think.

EMBRACE THE HATE!

Posted Image

#278 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Then you need to get around a little more, you do.

And as you don't know the story of this particular user/issue, I would suggest you refrain from commenting on something you don't have the slightest idea of.

You're gorgeous

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#279 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Man that was a sad game.. I don't understand why mr.AV would change 15% of the lineup well on a 8 (or 7? too hung over to look it up) game winning streak.

Pretty exciting last 5 minutes though.

Edited by snolan, 06 April 2012 - 09:31 AM.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#280 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

As I'm sure others noticed Burrows was wearing the "A" last night. If I had a Burrows away jersey (w/ this years Reebok wordmark, not the Vector) I would slap that "A" on there no question.

#281 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Anybody see that cardboard cuttout of Bitz on the ice last night?

You mean the box of tissue on skates?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#282 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I could care less about the President's Trophy, and I've said that from the start... However, what i DO care about is being able to score on the power-play, and the Canucks have not been able to show they are very capable of that of late. Its quite worrisome cause if teams are going to be cheap shotting us like last year, and we can't make them pay because of it... Things are gonna get a lot worse!

#283 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

The difference being Cory has had very little games where he has play like he did tonight and Luo has had too many. Do not think that some of the hate towards Luo ,when he plays bad, is not justified because he has had alot of bad games. On the other hand he also has had many where he had to stand on his head.

Luongo has also played roughly twice as many games....so yes he's probably going to have a few more bad games. I'm sure Schneider would too if he played more games

#284 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

The President's trophy might be a 'who cares' thing, but home ice advantage is not. Right now, St. Louis can win out and take over first. They will NOT be a fun team to play against at home. If we have to play them in the finals, there's a very good chance that we regret this bad game.

#285 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Was at the game. Flames didn't come out at all for the first period. Canucks turned down the intensity for 2nd and 3rd. Flames capitalized, the end.

That about sums it up.

DIsappointing considering the home ice advantage opportunity for the Nucks. Flames were definitely a team ready for the taking. A shame the boys decided to mail it in after the Burrows goal. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise though...they've been doing that all year.

#286 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Positives
1. The third line played well
2. First line has chemistry and worked really hard just got no bounces there way
3. Lapierre standing up for Henrik Sedin meant alot to me because if crap does get out of hand in the playoffs and Vigneault notices the Sedins getting pushed around he might play lapierre with them

Negatives
1. Henrik turned the puck over alot
2. Defence was awful
3. Grangnani has to learn how to play defence
4. Fourth line looked useless and out of place without Kassian and Manny
5. Second line played horrible
6. Schneider

#287 i love semin

i love semin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

The way I see it, it's hard to win 8 straight games in the NHL regardless of who you're playing. About half a month ago the Canucks seemed long shots to win the West, and the very fact that we've played ourself into a position where we can still win it, is impressive.

If you told me in mid-march, during that terrible homestand, that all we needed was to win our last game, plus a St. Louis loss in one of their last two, to win the conference, I would've been happy.

#288 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

You forgot PP. Our PP has been so awful. It makes me worried going to PO with our PP being so ineffective.

#289 Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Positive:

Some heat taken off Luu because Schneider blew a 1-0 lead in the third and allowed 3 goals in the third.

#290 gourami12

gourami12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, we were due for a loss sooner or later. We just won seven in a row. Better to lose now and work on tightening up loose ends so we can win in the playoffs. Gotta get that power play sorted out. Just brutal....

#291 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

They played great until the third. Henrik turned the puck over maybe 2 times. PP sucked. I agree with your positives
Posted Image

#292 JamesTW

JamesTW

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Positive:

Some heat taken off Luu because Schneider blew a 1-0 lead in the third and allowed 3 goals in the third.

Everyone has bad games, Luo isn't special in that regard I'm sure all the Luongo bashers will come up with ways to defend Schneider. Simply put he should have had the first one, yes it's a shot from the point but he wasn't screened and should have been prepared for the shot considering it was in the slot the whole time. You have to always be prepared for your players to cough up the puck in the defensive zone, Schneider simply wasn't.

#293 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

PP sucked, Schnider gave up three goals in the third... unexpected to be honest.

Overall I am concerned about playoffs with the ammount of offense we bring up to the platter. Far too many players have been struggling and quite frankly it doesn't seem like team chemistry is there.... at least not compared to last years..
Posted Image

#294 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Funny how the Lu homers compare 3 goals on 28 shots in a full game to 4 goals on 15 shots in less than half a game. The 3rd goal was a weak one on Schneider other than that some gross giveaways led to the other 2 goals. Not an amazing game for anyone except maybe Hamhuis who seemingly always plays well...And wtf Newell Brown what is the team paying you for? The PP was good at the start of the year but then opposition adapted yet it seems like the Canucks keep using the same strategies...the PP is killing the team right now.

Edited by Kesler_smash, 06 April 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#295 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Meltdown in the third, god awful pp... Pp really needs to be addressed and the lack of offense against bottom feeder teams is really starting to get old.

I know it's only another game, but that one game can potentially mean a early exit in the playoffs... They gotta do better and what on earth happened to our pp? Is there any chemistry on the pp? I thought for sure we were going to score one on the pp after we got out 4th but then the 5th and 6th came with no success.
Posted Image

#296 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

The President's trophy might be a 'who cares' thing, but home ice advantage is not. Right now, St. Louis can win out and take over first. They will NOT be a fun team to play against at home. If we have to play them in the finals, there's a very good chance that we regret this bad game.

no, but don't overrate them either. I will be surprised if blues made conf final.
Posted Image

#297 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Here's my best Vancouver Canucks' "fan" impersonation:

"OMFG Lou let in 3g on 28 shots?! Trade that bum! Wait, it was Schneider?! Trade that bum then!"

Only, It was Luongo who let in 4 of 15 shots,with 2 Mcsofties :)

Disappointed for sure
Funny, how this year Feel less confident,even though I believe this Team would beat Last Years Team
Maybe its because all the Teams are better as well?
I dont believe there will be meltdowns or as many as last year though

#298 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Funny how the Lu homers compare 3 goals on 28 shots in a full game to 4 goals on 15 shots in less than half a game.

Nah, it's more like any game that Luongo lets in a bad goal people are all over him (even if it's the only goal he allows in the game). Why can't Canuck fans just support both goalies? Why does one have to be crucified?

Schneider let in 3 goals on 5 shots in less than a period versus Nashville earlier in the year. Who cares though, it's only a matter of time before you'd be ripping Schneider if he became our #1 and had an implosion in the playoffs. Hell, people ripped Louie as the main reason for our ouster in 2007 (Niedermayer goal) in spite of him having the best playoff numbers of any goalie to make the 2nd round that year...

Only, It was Luongo who let in 4 of 15 shots,with 2 Mcsofties :)

Let's see what this fanbase does to Schneider if he gets to play 400 games in a Canucks' uniform... I'd bet the reaction would be very similar. Our fans suck.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#299 Les And

Les And

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

. Good 1st period, so so 2nd period, absolutely horrid 3rd period.

Pardon me??? A good first and second period? The Canucks were doing nothing more than stretching their legs and putting in enough ice time to get their pay cheques this week end. They were pathetic and in the third period the Flames could see that the Canucks would be a push over if they put any pressure on them of any kind. Bieksa, Salo and Booth looked like they belong in a third rate farm team. They were atrocious. The only two players who looked like they actually wanted to play hockey and win was Burrows and Kesler. The rest??? A clown act! :sadno:
Patience always pays off but, when will it be pay day?

#300 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

At least Pheonix is doing the Canucks a favor..as far as the Western conference is concerned, 3-1 for the Yotes over the Blues in the 2nd.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.