The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

Molli

Wow you'd think we lost our 8th playoff spot to the Flames :lol: ...geez CDC. If I remember correctly, people didn't want us winning the Prez bc of the 'added pressure of being #1' and bc its meaningless since we're gunning for the real trophy. Things change so fast here. Everyone needs to take a walk. We lost Game 81 while on/near the top, c'mon guys.

That was definately the worst 3rd period I've seen from the Canucks in quite some time. Good 1st period, so so 2nd period, absolutely horrid 3rd period. But what ever, the Canucks didn't need to win this game, and I personally didn't care if they win the Presidents Trophy or not, but losing to the Flamers at any point in the season just freakin blows.

What is the most concerning is that Kesler and Booth are not only not putting up points, they're also not playing all that great right now either, and the 2nd line is very much non existant when it comes to secondary scoring, which is why FFS Chris Higgins needs to be put back on the 2nd line and F'n immediately.

Sucks to have lost this game, but hopefully it will be motivation. And all is not lost for certain. We just need a little help from some other teams now.

I still love Schneider and will have faith in him the next time he's in net for us without a doubt, but I also know at least 2 of those goals were soft and anyone who won't admit that Luo would have been burned in effigy for letting in those exact goals is just being dishonest. There was definitely a breakdown in the team in the third, but on those first 2 goals they were doing their jobs and Cory failed to do his to his best ability. Like Luo, he's human. Next game.

Speaking of....it would be awesome if people were to CHEER LUONGO when he takes to the ice and when his name gets announced. Show him a little love instead of just punishing him whenever he displeases us and let's see how that works.

That was a poor effort for the Nucks. Disappointing to see the winning streak and undefeated in reg. when leading after 2 streak come to an end, too. Gotta do better, Canucks.

And now, if the blues win tomorrow, there will be a three way tie for 1st place in the NHL, with VAN losing the tiebreaker to both STL and NYR. It's gonna take quite a bit of luck to get the president's trophy now I think.

There was not a single Mcsoftie, if thats what you guys wanna know! If it wasnt for Cory we would have lost the chance at the prez last game loo..but here to hoping the Rangers only get 1 point or less next game. And the boys pull off a nice win.

That was a poor effort for the Nucks. Disappointing to see the winning streak and undefeated in reg. when leading after 2 streak come to an end, too. Gotta do better, Canucks.

And now, if the blues win tomorrow, there will be a three way tie for 1st place in the NHL, with VAN losing the tiebreaker to both STL and NYR. It's gonna take quite a bit of luck to get the president's trophy now I think.

I was hoping that this team would actually show up to paly tonight. They actually had something to play for. So the game did mean something. What we got was about what we have been getting from the Cauncks for some time now. Some ugly defensive play. A power play with no threat level at all and a sub standard work ethic. Man i can't find much positive from this other then i know this team is better then this. I just wish that we could actually see that on a regular basis. They lost this game because they didn't bother to actually play it. It is that simple. This team had better wake up and fast or it will be an early exit. That is a fact and not fiction. In the playoffs, if you play like this or even half this bad, you are so gone.

home ice advantage is overrated. The Canucks were the best road team in the NHL this year. Besides, they have it through at least 2 rounds. I don't foresee the Blues going past the second round, the rangers will probably bow out to the Pens if they have to play them. This game meant jack squat. I just didn't want to see anyone get hurt.

Archived