Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
302 replies to this topic

#241 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

I do not know what MAG is doing wrong, why bash him?

He constantly doesn't stick on his man (see anaheim game where the guy was right in front of Luo and MAG just let him stand there).

edit: plus he kinda wanders everywhere in the offensive zone...

Edited by hyZar, 06 April 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#242 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

What makes it worst is the fact that Schneider is an unproven backup with padded stats.

He's played in 33 games this year bro. How is he unproven with "padded stats"? How are his stats padded? If you mean his Save% might have been lower had he played an extra 20 games, perhaps a little bit, otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.

Grouping Schneider supporters in with bandwagoners is retarded too. Maybe you were talking about specific people but making over-generalizations about fans is pretty lame. Luongo let in 4 goals in 15 shots last game and was pulled. Two of those goals were terrible 5 hole goals he should have covered. Schneider let in 3 goals in 28 shots. Two of the goals against were Calgary players sitting in the slot or a few feet away from the net not being covered defensively at all, hardly his fault.

I'd say the same if it were Luongo as well. Did Schneider play great? No, he played average (for once). Instead of making snide remarks and over-generalizing about fans, you should just accept the fact that the starting goaltender with the huge contract faces more scrutiny, as it should be. It happens.

#243 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

If Luongo had let in 3 against Calgary we'd never hear the end of it from the Lu-bashers so i'll just say Schneider wasn't great and leave it at that

Rest of the team was far from sharp too, except for the 3rd line

The difference being Cory has had very little games where he has play like he did tonight and Luo has had too many. Do not think that some of the hate towards Luo ,when he plays bad, is not justified because he has had alot of bad games. On the other hand he also has had many where he had to stand on his head.

#244 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

You must have had to grit your teeth to type that out...

No kidding, eh? I could hear those teeth gnashing all the way over here! :lol: ;)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 12:15 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#245 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

He's played in 33 games this year bro. How is he unproven with "padded stats"? How are his stats padded? If you mean his Save% might have been lower had he played an extra 20 games, perhaps a little bit, otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.

Grouping Schneider supporters in with bandwagoners is retarded too. Maybe you were talking about specific people but making over-generalizations about fans is pretty lame. Luongo let in 4 goals in 15 shots last game and was pulled. Two of those goals were terrible 5 hole goals he should have covered. Schneider let in 3 goals in 28 shots. Two of the goals against were Calgary players sitting in the slot or a few feet away from the net not being covered defensively at all, hardly his fault.

I'd say the same if it were Luongo as well. Did Schneider play great? No, he played average (for once). Instead of making snide remarks and over-generalizing about fans, you should just accept the fact that the starting goaltender with the huge contract faces more scrutiny, as it should be. It happens.

NuckNuckNucks has no idea what he talking about either.

#246 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ok tonight was revealing,

If our second line players do not learn to pass the freakin puck and think they can be one man shows, We are done like dinner!

Golly, I have never seen such puck HOGS for a long time.

USE YOUR LINE MATES

Rant off!!!

I AGREE!!

#247 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

He constantly doesn't stick on his man (see anaheim game where the guy was right in front of Luo and MAG just let him stand there).

edit: plus he kinda wanders everywhere in the offensive zone...

Neither Roberto or Cory stand a chance if AV doesn't address the problem pronto. Playoff teams will exploit this quite easily.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#248 skates_with_a_stick

skates_with_a_stick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Bieksa has been making some bonehead plays also. This was an overall poor effort. It like a pre-season game out there. I hope games like that are kept to the pre-season. It's almost play off time and these guys are just skating around like it's no big deal.

#249 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

First off if you want to say something about a players performance f in say it! No one is going to stop you. I find it unfair that you expect the so called "Luongo Bashers" to bash Schneider after a lost because they slam Luongo after a loss. First off, you watched the game, was it really Schnieder's fault? Cmon dude, spill the beans. Do you really thought it was Schneiders fault? AND EVEN THAT, AFTER ALL HE DID THIS SEASON DO YOU EVEN WANT TO SLAM CORY SCHNEIDER? THE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER ON OUR TEAM? YOU CAN'T HONESTLY TELL ME LUONGO'S PERFORMANCE ON TUESDAY IS ACCEPTABLE. CMON DUDE. YOU SEE? SOME TIME THE SO CALLED LUONGO LOVERS LIKE YOURSELF MAKE URSELF STUPID . Does the Luongo bashers even want to see him struggle? I can tell you they don't want to see him struggle, they are just frustrated with Luongo performance this season, because he's been extremely inconsistent THE ENTIRE SEASON. IN COMPARISON TO SCHNEIDERS IS NOT EVEON THE SAME THE PAGE. Luongo is sometimes real real good, and some times he's real real bad! Schneider? NO, there were 0 games were he played real bad. The last time he lost, he allowed 1 goal. Tonight he allowed 3 goals, on a night were the team thought they can hold on for a 1-0 win. No one is perfect, but you have to f in understand, how expections for Roberto Luongo is much higher then someone WHO IS JUST A BACK UP GOALIE GOD DAMIT!

But the "Cory lovers are getting a taste of their own medicine" !
I agree 100% with your post. Cory has one bad game and some how he should be bashed like Luo who has had many bad games. And when has it become Luo fans and Cory fans , I think it safe to say most fans love the best goal tandem in the NHL.

#250 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Second line is a mess....Kesler does not seem to know how to make play and create offense anymore...
If this continues, we are done in one round...

#251 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yep, the 2nd line is probably the team's biggest issue heading into the playoffs, ahead of the powerplay. If Kesler and his line isn't producing offense regularly, the opponents' shutdown lines and top defense pairs will focus solely on the Sedin line and we all know how much the Sedins struggle when having to deal with guys hovering all over them all game long. If the powerplay was going strong then you could at least surmise that if Kesler isn't scoring and the Sedins are being shutdown then at least the Sedins could work their magic with the man advantage but unfortunately the powerplay is the team's 2nd biggest problem.

On top of all this is the fact Daniel will be just coming back from his concussion and will likely be a tad rusty. Even that is a best case scenario as we don't know if Daniel will be available for Game 1, Round 1 yet.

Hate to sound negative but I'd rather put it out there so there are no surprises in the playoffs. Of course, there's always the very distinct possibility that Kesler does indeed "turn it on" once the playoffs begin, thus giving the team a reliable two-pronged attack along with the Sedin line. Gah, too much speculation going on. Just bring on the playoffs already!!

#252 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Rest of the team was far from sharp too, except for the 3rd line

The third line is always good...

#253 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Bandwagoneer Cory groupies don't like heir own medicine. What makes it worst is the fact that Schneider is an unproven backup with padded stats.

Once again you make a post that could be listed as one of the stupidest in CD history! You are scoring high on the stupid side.

#254 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Once again you make a post that could be listed as one of the stupidest in CD history! You are scoring high on the stupid side.

Bertuzzi Babe, why the AE Troll? LOL. Busted. What a twit. LOL

Edited by NuckNuckNucks, 06 April 2012 - 12:51 AM.

You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

#255 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

No doubt in my mind that we would have won with Luongo.

That said - WTF were the Canucks doing?

Yes...I am ticked off!

I'm sure their mindset will be completely different once PO starts.

And choke he will.

#256 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Bertuzzi Babe, why the AE Troll? LOL. Busted. What a twit. LOL

Nice reach......but WRONG, as usual. The fact is, more than one person on this board is quite capable of seeing through your shenanigans. And by the way, you should look up the rules regarding personal attacks and name calling...this is the 4th/5th time you've done it tonight.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#257 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Not too bummed about the loss, although it sucks to end our winning streaks to those dirty F7ames..

I like our 3rd line its playoff ready, the rest of the lines are messed up but it'll sort itself out once Daniel gets back.

Saturday might be Gragnani's last game for us till next season (barring any injuries to our top 8), He's a like an even more error prone Ehrhoff minus the skill. He needs atleast a year in the AHL to work on his defensive skills.

PP - Its getting too predictable, 5 on 3 and them kept passing back to the point, and even the last chance we got in the 3rd, 6 on 4 we passed it back to the point only to have one of the D bobble it. It needs to be simpler! Nashville gets the puck low and jam it infront. I feel the Canucks are looking for that perfect PP point shot goal alittle too much..

Bitz was like a lost soul in the 2nd line. Bad coaching decision by AV IMO, the guy just got called up and now he has to be a spark on a 2nd line that likes to hog the puck.

#258 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

We really have to fix this powerplay... I don't know how you can go from 1st to 6th with the same players, but something just stopped working and we have got to get that back. It's killing our point production, and it's killing the fans to have to watch how sad it's become.

I was really happy with how the Canucks rallied late in the third and really, they almost did come back to tie it near the end there. It just sucks that it took three straight goals against them to wake them the fark up.

#259 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

For the first time in 103 games Canucks lose when leading after 40 minutes

Didn't they loose against Dallas with a 2-1 lead a month ago?

#260 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,234 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

We really have to fix this powerplay... I don't know how you can go from 1st to 6th with the same players, but something just stopped working and we have got to get that back. It's killing our point production, and it's killing the fans to have to watch how sad it's become.

I was really happy with how the Canucks rallied late in the third and really, they almost did come back to tie it near the end there. It just sucks that it took three straight goals against them to wake them the fark up.

To me it comes down to Edler and Kesler.

Edler's gotta use his big shot to get pucks through. He's not doing that worth crap right now. I can't even remember the last time he scored a PP goal.

And Kesler has gotta battle more to create a screen in front of the goalie and try and get some tips and rebounds. Right now he's just floating around the perimeter.

Edited by DeNiro, 06 April 2012 - 02:42 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#261 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,178 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

Didn't they loose against Dallas with a 2-1 lead a month ago?

i think he meant regulation losses.

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#262 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,178 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

The third line is always good...

correction:..any line with higgins on it, is always good;O)

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#263 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Whoaaaaa Torts giving it to the Pens team! DO WE HAVE A NEW "MOST HATED TEAM" IN HOCKEY? :bigblush:

I think they are getting their *** ridden harder that Boston last year. It's a shame really, everyone always talks about Detroit feeling entitled, but they are nowhere near as bad as Pens. Bleh... don't like that organization one bit. Torts often comes off as an ass, but he speaks the truth. So does Laviolette.

#264 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Bandwagoneer Cory groupies don't like heir own medicine. What makes it worst is the fact that Schneider is an unproven backup with padded stats.

:picard:

Good lord this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on CDC. Padded stats? Are you sure you're not just having flashbacks about the "padded" cell you normally call home?

Unreal. Seriously, I blame the inefficiency of the Mental Health Administration for posts like this. The doctors and nurses really have to start making sure these poor folks get their meds on time.

#265 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

How many PP's were squandered? That's the biggest nail in the Canucks coffin, this coming post-season. They need to be able to blow teams like this out of the water when they've got the chance. I can't believe this team's efforts on the PP is solely based on Daniel's efforts.

I do know the opposition isn't just going to circle in a loose box, giving our point men a relatively clear shot at the net, but damn... and make sure the point men can HOLD THE DANG puck in!

#266 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

The skyis falling the sky is falling...get a grip...all that matters now is how they play starting on April 11...'CBS CARES'

#267 snochick

snochick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Nice reach......but WRONG, as usual. The fact is, more than one person on this board is quite capable of seeing through your shenanigans. And by the way, you should look up the rules regarding personal attacks and name calling...this is the 4th/5th time you've done it tonight.

Yeah, I like the subtle Gollum/troll avatar...

Edited by snochick, 06 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

BELIEVE.

24ovus1.jpg

#268 snochick

snochick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

:picard:

Good lord this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on CDC. Padded stats? Are you sure you're not just having flashbacks about the "padded" cell you normally call home?

Unreal. Seriously, I blame the inefficiency of the Mental Health Administration for posts like this. The doctors and nurses really have to start making sure these poor folks get their meds on time.

He's Schneids31 alt. Arguing/trolling in defense of Lu must be driving him nuts.

BELIEVE.

24ovus1.jpg

#269 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

He's Schneids31 alt. Arguing/trolling in defense of Lu must be driving him nuts.

Yeah, I don't know who he thinks he's fooling......but then again, he does seem to think he's 'smarter' than anyone else here..... at least according to his 5th previous alt's disgusting commentary.

Yeah, I like the subtle Gollum/troll avatar...

:lol: Subtlety is not one of his strong points!

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 April 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#270 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

LOL. Keep trying.

Don't quit your night job. :D :D :D

And choke he will.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.