The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Clowe Deliberately Hits Puck On Ice From Bench

At 2:44 left of tonights 5-5 tie game between the Sharks and Kings, Ryane Clowe, while on the SJ bench, reaches over the boards with his stick and tips a puck being played up ice on a mini-break by Jarret Stoll. Stoll and Drew Doughty were livid. Each of the four refs apparently missed what was blatantly obvious to most anyone watching the play. Never seen this before, and have to wonder if Clowe is gonna receive the first Playoff Shannaban of 2012.

(video when it becomes available)

Guest AriGold

I was watching the game and it was a joke, like insanity that 4 officials on the ice didnt see it. Yes Linseman can make this call as well.

p.s. Playing the puck from the bench isnt a suspendable offense, just a douchie one...

At 2:44 left of tonights 5-5 tie game between the Sharks and Kings, Ryane Clowe, while on the SJ bench, reaches over the boards with his stick and tips a puck being played up ice on a mini-break by Jarret Stoll. Stoll and Drew Doughty were livid. Each of the four refs apparently missed what was blatantly obvious to most anyone watching the play. Never seen this before, and have to wonder if Clowe is gonna receive the first Playoff Shannaban of 2012.

(video when it becomes available)

I agree...shame you don't know the rules, since you have some grand idea of what's appropriate and what's not.

The NFL suspended a New York Jets trainer indefinitely and fined the team in 2010 for tripping a Miami Dolphins player on the field from the sideline. What's the difference? Ah, yes, the NFL actually cares about the integrity of the game. Might have me there...

Archived