The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Clowe Deliberately Hits Puck On Ice From Bench

Guest The Brown Burrows

I would like for him to be suspended (it was a close game, playoffs around the corner...)

^NHL inconsistency at it's best ;)

He should be fined $2500.

Anything is suspendable.

28.1 Supplementary Discipline - In addition to the automatic fines and suspensions imposed under these rules, the Commissioner may, at his discretion, investigate any incident that occurs in connection with any Pre-season, Exhibition, League or Playoff game and may assess additional fines and/or suspensions for any offense committed during the course of a game or any aftermath thereof by a player, goalkeeper, Trainer, Manager, Coach or non-playing Club personnel or Club executive, whether or not such offense has been penalized by the Referee.

Rule 28.1 doesn't mean anything in the game is subject to supplemental discipline. It just means any infraction not covered by automatic suspensions and fines is subject supplemental discipline.

Ryan Clowe didn't break any rules here. Don't think you could really call too many men since he wasn't on the ice. Like Sean Avery's tactics to distract Martin Brodeur, there probably will just be a memo sent around the league to not to do this again. And introduce new interpretations of rules.

in a tight game that has huge playoff ramifications as to who gets home ice in the 1st round, yeah I'd consider that something that is suspendable. maybe only for one game, but make it a point of saying how any like action is completely unacceptable and compromises the integrity of the game, and any like action in the future would be much more severe.

in a tight game that has huge playoff ramifications as to who gets home ice in the 1st round, yeah I'd consider that something that is suspendable. maybe only for one game, but make it a point of saying how any like action is completely unacceptable and compromises the integrity of the game, and any like action in the future would be much more severe.

Some common sense ... Thanks.

If Clowe had jumped on the ice, stole the puck and rifled it at the net, all he would have gotten is two minutes for too many men.

I swear, it seems hockey is a brand new thing for some of you people. Recent immigrants trying to interpret Canada's game using cricket rules perhaps?

I wonder if people are going to start tripping other players from the bench now too

"Oh that, I didn't even notice the guy there, I was just testing my stick on the ice to see if it would break. Welp, it didn't I guess the test worked, too bad about that guy on the breakaway though"

Unfricking believable :mad: . That has to be some kind of unsportsmanlike conduct. I think somebody mentioned earlier about leaving the bench to fight, which has huge penalties/suspensions, then surely playing the puck from the bench with blatant intent cannot go unpunished ??

Archived