The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Clowe Deliberately Hits Puck On Ice From Bench

I could really care less if Clowe is suspended or suffers any kind of supplementary discipline at all...however I do find it incredibly disconcerting that every single on ice official missed that.

NHL needs to wake up and start to examine their officiating methods and find out what the root problem is for all of this mind boggling incompetence. This has been getting seemingly worse every season since the lock-out.

Unbelievably unsportsmanlike. What amazes me even more than Clowe having the audacity to do something that ridiculous, is the fact that all 4 officials on the ice managed to miss it.

Are you kidding me?

:picard:

Clowe deserves a fine.

2 minute penalty is far to tame, suspending him is far to harsh. The fact is it's an embarrassment to the game and something that you only expect to see happen in a little league game. Kind of like when Sean Avery screened Broduer oor when Scott Hartnell threw his glove at a player on a breakaway.

I would give the other team a shootout attempt with any of the skaters they have on the ice.

Rule 28.1 doesn't mean anything in the game is subject to supplemental discipline. It just means any infraction not covered by automatic suspensions and fines is subject supplemental discipline.

Ryan Clowe didn't break any rules here. Don't think you could really call too many men since he wasn't on the ice. Like Sean Avery's tactics to distract Martin Brodeur, there probably will just be a memo sent around the league to not to do this again. And introduce new interpretations of rules.

Some real dumbasses in this thread. Clowe broke no rules? It was funny? He shouldn't be punished? Total morons. This is completely unacceptable behaviour from a professional. it's something a 13 year old would do, and it's cheating. Suspend him for the last game of the season just to prove a point.

Then Sutter is an idiot too. Really? He didn't know there was a rule that you're not allowed to PLAY THE PUCK FROM THE BENCH? When those first guys sat down and dreamed up hockey, that was probably the first rule they thought up.

Come on man I've only followed hockey for two years, live in England and am constantly learning new things about this sport and even I know it's illegal to play the puck from the bench.

I mean...seriously.

Archived