The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Want To See The Canucks Face In Round 1?

MoneypuckOverlord

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was Going to Say Phoenix but now I realize Smith could pull a Thomas on us so I will choose San Jose, there Big Guns still Scare me though, Couture is going to be San Jose's best skater.

I think in order to Beat San Jose our Depth Scorers are going to have to Come through, but In order to Beat Phoenix our Top guns our going to have to be at there Best, and Since Dannys Hurt and The 3rd Line and Lappierre are really on top of there Game, I think we won't struggle scoring as much agianst San Jose.

Still San Jose won't be easy, Some people are Saying we will outscore them Chance for Chance but I'm not 100% Sure about that, with a Healthy Thornton (Which they didn't have last year) and Also, Havlat, Pavelski, Couture, Marleau, Boyle and Burns, they Have the Fire Power to Score just as much as us.

They Definetly are not going to be as Easy to Beat as Last Season.

Phoenix isn't as strong physically as San Jose. They've got very little speed in that lineup and their defence is good, but slow. We'd beat them in Five maybe Six Games and we'd come out of the series without any major injuries. I'd suggest benching or limiting the ice time of Daniel Sedin in such a series because our offence is so superior to that of the Coyotes'.

Coyotes hands down. The sharks are a lot more physical. We don't need our players being hurt after the first round if we were to move on.

Mike Smith and the Yotes will be worn down come playoffs. I am not worried about Smith being able to pull a "Thomas". Yes we beat the sharks in 5 last year, but a lot of those games could have gone either way (especially game 5). We also had that one game where we had so many 5 on 3 pp's. Sharks are dangerous and are still a contender in my opinion.

Coyotes hands down. The sharks are a lot more physical. We don't need our players being hurt after the first round if we were to move on.

Mike Smith and the Yotes will be worn down come playoffs. I am not worried about Smith being able to pull a "Thomas". Yes we beat the sharks in 5 last year, but a lot of those games could have gone either way (especially game 5). We also had that one game where we had so many 5 on 3 pp's. Sharks are dangerous and are still a contender in my opinion.

Phoenix. This team is way over achieved and they are no elite team.

San Jose will be VERY SCARY. Thornton, Marleau, Clowe, Couture etc....BIG and Strong with skills!

LA is a young team that tries to prove that they are contender. However, they are only pretender.

Sharks > Kings > Dogs

We are 3-1-0 against the Sharks this season and 2-1-1 against the Kings and Coyotes.

Sharks please. Although they'll want revenge for last season's loss in the playoffs and they have big bodies who can wear us down, for some reason they can't contain our offensive defencemen.

I think with the Kings lack of scoring ability, that they would make the easiest first round opponent. But at the end of the day, If the Canucks dont sort out thier PP they wont get past second round. If they face Sharks or Yotes with the PP they have now they are toast.

You have to look at more than our record against these teams. You also want to look at other possible match ups.

Looking at this the best possible matchups are:

4vs5: Nashville vs. Detroit - All but locked, these are two powerhouses in the west that we want to face each other early. Hope for Nashville to get home ice as that should make the series last longer.

3vs6: Phoenix vs Chicago - Phoenix went 3-1 against the blackhawks this season and although I don't think they would win the series Smith would prove a difficult opponent to Crawford and the team. ALSO: Torres. Regardless of which team makes it out of this series, the travel will takes its toll as well.

2 vs 7: St. Louis vs LA - LA is another team that went 3-1 vs the home team. WIth LA's explosive offense as of late, this matchup could be very dangerous for STL. the regular season series had only 12 goals scored. I feel this series would be very different and much in LAs favour.

1 vs. 8 VANCOUVER vs San Jose - Flashbacks to the western conference finals. An arguably much worse team that last year, shotty goal-tending and with Vancouver picking up 7 of 8 points. This is the match up we want.

Archived