The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Time To Deal With The 2Nd Line Enigma.

Bodee

I don't agree with splitting sedin line unless they are not producing like anything. 1st priority is to keep the sedin line together.

As for booth I like to see him more passing the puck to his teammates. Fact that kesler is struggling this year is due to not finding correct partners. Last year Raymond was on his horse so that helped him and no doubt higgins is best part in helping kesler.

This year there has been ups and down of kesler. Plus, AV is putting kesler on point on the powerplay instead of front of the net. I truly believe that kesler is better around the net than on the point.

The second line needs a playmaker. Someone like, gee I dunno, Cody Hodgson?AV should put Ebbett in place of either Booth or Raymond until Daniel gets back. When Daniel is healthy, this is how I'd start the lines...Burrows / Henrik / LapierreBooth / Kesler / DanielHiggins / Pahlsson / HansenRaymond / Malhotra / Ebbett, Weiss or BitzI said here after the Finals last season that one of the things AV will need to in the coming season is split up the twins for short periods of time. It would make the Sedins more versatile and the entire team harder to defend against.Another line he needs to start using 5 on 5 is the Sedins with Kesler. He hasn't used that line 5 on 5 ever, and it's baffling. Imagine if the Avs never loaded Forsberg and Sakic up on the same line, or if the Wings never put Datsyuk and Zetterberg out together?But whether or not AV gets his head together, if they don't find a way to get their PP going, they could be in for a very short playoff run.Here's a tip, boys:SHOOT THE GODDAM PUCK!

He actually can be a very good passer. I don't know if you have noticed but he makes those nice, short, quick passes that open up the ice. Exactly a guy that should be put with RK17 in the playoffs.

Booth-Hank-Burr

Danny-Kes-Kassian

Very good top-6 offensively and also a lot of grit.

I don't mind this at all.

Danny has great puck control skills and is a great set-up guy as well as natural goal scorer. Kesler needs someone to make some room for him (Kassian) because he doesn't have the moves to beat many guys one-on-one. Right now Raymond, Kesler and Booth are all trying to gain the zone solo and beat the defenders. WE've seen how well that's working. None of these guys are a Malken or Crosby so they need to use eachother.

Early in the season AV was right (though it was not well received) when he said Kesler needs to use his linemates more. He has lots of talent and speed but is a very selfish player. No use trying to make him what he's not. Put a playmaker on his line and set him up for the shot.

my thoughts on the current depth chart and lineup...

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Lapierre - Pahlsson - Booth

Ebbett - Malhotra - Kassian

Raymond

Bitz

Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Ballard - Salo

Rome

Gragnani