The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stan Smyl

vladimirpuck

Steamer is one of the greatest Canucks of all time. He led the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals in '82 and more importantly he was the heart and soul of the team. I also think he is the greatest captain the Canucks have ever had. He was a very strong leader I think the strongest the team has ever had. I am wondering what others think. Any thoughts?

Obviously just my opinion, but I don't care for our two frenchies. No doubt they contribute, I just hate the drama queen stuff that seems to follow these guys around. The whole thing with the refs vs Burr was an embarrassment to the organization. Nearly crying while he gave the interview on the bike? Sorry - pathetic.

Stan Smyl was not just a great captain, he was a great player, too.

He played on a lot of really shjitty Canuck's squads in the late 70's and 80's, yet still he put up some pretty decent numbers. He was part of the second best line in Canuck's history, IMO, with Thomas Gradin and Curt Fraser. Close to 700 points in 900-ish games and 1550 PIM... just under a point per game in the playoffs... He is all Canucks!

:towel::canucks:

Obviously just my opinion, but I don't care for our two frenchies. No doubt they contribute, I just hate the drama queen stuff that seems to follow these guys around. The whole thing with the refs vs Burr was an embarrassment to the organization. Nearly crying while he gave the interview on the bike? Sorry - pathetic.

Archived