Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Mvp This Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

Poll: 2011-2012 Vancouver Canucks

Who is the Canucks MVP for the 2011-2012 regular season?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who has been the biggest disappointment this year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Best = Raymond

Worst = Higgins/Schneids

/trollpost

Edited by EDLER.IS.BEAST, 07 April 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#32 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

All-MVP Line-up (too tough to just pick one!)

Burrows (team leader in GWG with 7!) - Hank (play making beast) - Higgins (all-round Mr. Consistency)
Hammer (+37, strong two-way guy, more well-rounded than Bieksa) - Edler (rising star, could reach 50 points tomorrow)
Schneider (even better GAA (under 2!) and SV% (.937) than Lu, with 20 W in only 33 starts)

Honorable Mentions/ Taxi Squad: Lu, Danny, Bieksa

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#33 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

If Higgins hadn't been sidelined with staph infections for large portions of the season, and subsequently spent a number of games getting back into shape, I think he would be close to the top of the list.

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#34 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

H...S should definitely be our MVP!!!
Whether that is Henrik Sedin, Higgins or Hansen I am not sure...
Henrik is ultra skilled and if you emphasize points like the NHL MVP it would be the Ironman himself.

Higgins is the star.. I mean straw... That stirs the drink for the Canucks. Incredibly hardworking and underrated around theeague, every line he is on succeeds. It is no coincidence that our best line, the third one, is our best. Neither is the fact that the first line we have had worthy of a name since the WCE has him on it!

Hamhuis is by far our best defensemen and without him (like Letang in Pitt) our D is lost and crumbles.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#35 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

I had to say Higgins has been the most consistent and energetic forward this season for us. He really pushed the team when we needed it.
He only narrowly beats Henrik (captain, who along with his brother pulled the team when it was struggling early in the season) and Hamhuis who has been brilliant all season.
Disapoinment would be Kesler. But that's saying something about our team, when my biggest disapointment is a player who is still playing at the level Kesler is. He does it all, he has just struggled to score this year, and that is why I chose him.

#36 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Higgins has been a great surprise and a very hard and consistent worker, and a leader on this team in terms of bringing it every game...

But all you people picking him as the Team MVP are seriously insane.

There is a "hard hat award" or "heart and soul" award or something for what Chris Higgins brings to the team.

Chris Higgins is like, say, Jim Peplinski on the 89 Flames. Important? Absolutely. MVP? No, that goes to someone like MacInnis / Vernon / Nieuwendyk...

Or Brian Skrudland on the old Canadiens, or Charlie Huddy on the old Oilers... You get the idea...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#37 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Anyone who is disappointed in Raymond this year thinks too highly of him in the first place.

I voted Hank and Manny respectively.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 07 April 2012 - 04:58 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#38 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

MVP is definately the goaltending tandem: both Lu and Schenieds > not sure where the team would be in the standing without their performances. They held the team up many nights.
And MVP runner ups: Hamhuis, Burrows and Higgins (but missed too many games)

Dissapointment: Booth (I guess I was expecting more from him), Raymond (can't even stand watching him anymore), Malholtra (eye injury doesn't help) and definately Kesler (but again he does it all on the ice except this year his point production was way below par)

Best surprise & exciting to watch on the team: Lapierre has been fun to watch this year and especially lately with Henrik & Burr !

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#39 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

I had to chose Cory Schneider as MVP, as he's consistently the best player on the team. Even Hank went through a 8 game spam were he only had 1 point. So thats why Schneider gets my vote.
MDP, Manny Malhotra. He was terrible this year.

He got hit in the eye with a puck and he is still top 5 in face offs in the league. There is more to hockey than goals.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#40 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Most Valuable Player: Roberto Luongo 1
Biggest Disappointment: Mason Raymond 21
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#41 Joeymoss

Joeymoss

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

MVP - edler
Dis- bieksa

#42 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

MVP : the whole damn team!!

how could I vote the biggest disappointment

Steve Bernier is long gone :emot-parrot:

#43 OrdinaryBoy

OrdinaryBoy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Luongo for both

#44 hockeyknowhow81

hockeyknowhow81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

HIGGINS. how can you even argue that. If it wasnt for him getting sick, he would be closing in on 25 goals not to mention he grinds, works his ass off every shift and he lightens the mood of all the players around him.

#45 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

homers, kesler was injured

Edited by RIPRYP, 07 April 2012 - 10:13 AM.

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#46 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Higgins for MVP just cause he's been so solid
Kelser for Disapointment because he should accept his role as a winger....like honestly dude, PASS THE FREAKIN' PUCK
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#47 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

MVP: Luongo - got us a lot of points despite the lack of spirit and mentality. His stellar play is a big reason why we're in the race for the President's trophy (Schniederman is a close second)

Disappointment: MayRay - he's shown the ability to pick up his overall game but he chooses to go back to his mistakes. He's a player with a huge variety of assets to make him a great player but he chooses the alternative of going back to his mistakes.

Edited by rypper-37, 07 April 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.