The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av, Mg In The Offseason And The Value Of Higgy In Mg's Offseason Moves...random Thoughts.

nuck luck

- Not trashing AV... I think he's great, but I just don't understand him sometimes. Usually, he surprises me and makes some amazing moves....and other times, I can't fathom why he keeps stick'n to his guns?

Enough with Mayray!! Yes... he will be an asset come playoffs because he adds to our depth. But, should the whole team suffer at the hopes of him getting out of his slump?

I just don't understand AV's thoughts here? Make 2 of our best PF's suffer in the hopes that one speedy winger can gain some confidence? Seriously.

Get the MF Amex line back together already!

- Are we better off having an unbelievably good 2b line or would we have better luck with an amazing 1b line?

Why not have both! Answer seems simple to me.

IMHO, I think Lappy is just as good as Higgy....when playing on the 2b line (pretty close). Why not move him to the 2b line and move Higgy to the 1b line? We need the Amex line back if we want to get far in the playoffs.....if the opponents only need to focus on the Sedins/Burrows line again, we are no better off than previous years.

Who will the opponents focus on? Both of our top two lines are dangerous, the 3rd will be no different to how they're playing now with Higgy (this still gives AV a dreamy defensive 3rd line) and the 4th line will be just as solid....ample depth for the 4th line.

Sedins & Burrows

Amex

Lappy, Pahlsson, Hansen

Bitz, Manny, Ebbett

- Guesstimating on MG and his moves this summer. If there has been one issue this season...Higgys at the center of it. I don't expect things to change in the summer.

Recently, the 2nd line has been the main worry because they just can't seem to find their scoring touch....without Higgy. AV loves having a solid defensive 3rd line with the ability to score so he doesn't want to move Higgy. Our D seems to need some help and we can always use another player to replace Ehrhoff, especially on the PP, it would be nice to add a top 4 Dman...too bad Higgy doesn't play D. And than there's the Cap...

One of MG's best moves so far is Higgy and he gives us another option that would enable us to solidify both our F and D, instead of having to choose one or the other.

As much as I would love to see Nash, Parise or someone similar, an elite player like this (if he's not a UFA) will cost a core player or take up a huge chunk in our limited Cap space. Why disrupt the chemistry and make a major move if we already have that player in Higgy? It would be much cheaper for us to find a player to replace Higgy on the 3rd and hopefully one of our Wolves will save us the trouble. We lose Mayray's contract and add a solid 3rd liner...with a respectable salary = extra Cap space AND no need to find a top 6.

This allows us to focus our Cap space and offers on a player like Justin Schultz and/or....Suter. We already lost Ehrhoff without a replacement and there's a pretty good chance that this is Salo's last year (if it's not, at least we can limit his games and save him for the playoffs).

Oops...somehow I forgot about Schneids? If nobody puts in a crazy offer for him, I think that MG will get top value for Schneids (or Lou...pending on the outcome of the playoffs). Whoever it is...we'll still have to make room for their salary and the above mentioned might help us there.

I think Higgy will be the most important factor when MG decides to make any moves in the offseason. Without him, I don't think we would be able to rectify our top 6 forwards and top 4 Dman issues in the offseason. Then again...MG knows a lot more than me :)

Guest BuckFoston

The length of that post makes me quiet and tired... why can't people post in already existing threads? WHY?! :shock:

Higgins is one of our best players in the past 10+ games. He's lighting up at the perfect time. And his effort and dedication is paramount. Why trade him? He can teach some of the slacking Canucks a thing or two...

I dont know why people keep thinking there is even a chance of the Canucks trading Lou.... Its not gonna happen people, if one of our goalies goes its gonna be Schneids. Lou is a canuck long term. There is no two ways about that one. Other then that good post OP. Higgy is pretty awesome

I dont know why people keep thinking there is even a chance of the Canucks trading Lou.... Its not gonna happen people, if one of our goalies goes its gonna be Schneids. Lou is a canuck long term. There is no two ways about that one. Other then that good post OP. Higgy is pretty awesome

Archived