The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

W C Q F:(4) Nashville Predators Vs (5) Detroit Red Wings

DETROIT @ NASHVILLE  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preds in 7. They've got more to prove to Detroit. If they win this playoff round, the Nashville Predators will serve as a successor to the Sharks among the "big-dogs" in the West. They've got so much to prove in this playoff series. They'll dominate the Red Wings in the Physical game, and I think it's time Detroit looked at bringing in some of their young prospects and becoming a 6th to 10th type of team for a while so they can develop.

I don't think the Red Wings are formidable Stanley Cup Contenders at this point. The Predators, on the other hand, are scary. I don't see us playing them in the Second Round, but if we make it I could see us playing the Predators in the WCF.

This will be a brutal series, with Nashville loaded for a change and looking for a deep run this year. Hard to see this one not going to seven, but I think home ice will help out the Preds in the end even though Detroit has the advantage with veterans. Preds in 7.

Looking forward to this being one of the best and closest match-ups in the West. I've seen the Preds play some good hockey down the stretch, and if their best players can be their best players (Rinne, Weber, Suter, Radulov) along with the trade deadline picks (Gill, Kostitsyn), I say they defeat the Red wings.

The Red Wings are well below 0.500 on the road this season for whatever reason. Road play is very important in the playoffs, and they didn't manage to get home ice so the series is Nashville's to lose.

Basically Detroit and Nashville have the same offensive depth up front, but Detroit has better offensive stars (Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen > Radulov, Fisher and Hornqvist)

Both teams have similar defensive depth, but Nashville has better defensive stars (Weber and Suter > Lidstrom and Kronwall)

Both goalies are very similar.

This series has the potential to go 7 games if it weren't for Detroit's dreadful road play. A difference might be Rinne's fatigue levels as opposed to Howard being rested and having played less than 60 games this season, so goaltending could be the difference if this series goes long, but I see Nashville ending it quickly, especially after they easily take the first 2 games.

Nashville's depth is scary, but Detroit's star power up front is superior.

If Nashville can't contain Datsyuk, they're done.

If Howard can't stop the likes of Radulov and Erat, he's done. Forget Luongo, Jimmy Howard has the most pressure on him as a goaltender in the playoffs at the moment. Cheers.

TOML

Archived