The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Ryan Kesler Posed Nude It All Went Down Hill

GLASSJAW

Ryan Kesler's performance this year has been bad we all know that. But what we don't know is why? But I have a theory.

Do you guys think that maybe Ryan Ksler's ego is so big due to the recognition he got from those photoshoots of his body changed his perception of what it means to be a grounded hockey player who is a hard working one ?

It seems that for every day two months straight people were sitting there fawning over his abs and and curves and he stood there with a grin on his face barely visible behind his nose and you could see his ego growing and growing.

Do you think that Kesler being in those photos hurt the team chemistry?

Do you think that Higgins is now showing off his abs all the time because he's threatened, and that is why they never pass the puck? They are constantly trying to one up each other, it seems.

What do you guys think here's the photo if you haven't seen it

http://www.robthehockeyguy.com/wp-content/uploads/kesler_espn.jpg

pretty gross if you ask me

higgins is a beast, as long as hes scoring he doesnt have to pass.

kesler may need to pass a bit more because he sometimes ruins a certain scoring chance by shooting first, hes a good shooter and has been a prolific goal scorer so in saying that i also dont want him turning in too hank and passing all the time. while hank fits that role well and stats pound that fact in to the ground, kes isnt that type of player and needs to find his scoring rythm.

kes scored a lot tipping pucks last season in front of the net, he's a big guy that makes an effective screen, im wondering why we havent seen him in the crease as much this season, probably the real reason why his goal total is lower than last season.

i really hope this is a joke, do you watch the post game interviews or look at the behind the lens photos? our team has great locker room chemistry, theyre clowning on e/o and hanging out like best friends, id say everyone gets along great and our locker room is the least of the worries.

not to mention were not really "down hill", were in the race for the PT just like last year.

Not sure if serious...are you seriously suggesting that his offensive struggles are all due to a photo shoot?? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with Kesler having offseason hip surgery and missing training camp and a chunk of the season?

And I'm not even gonna get into the part about Higgins, that's even more ridiculous. Never mind that Kesler said he loves playing with Higgins and called him the most underrated player in the game.

Not to beat a dead horse. But Pittsbugh has Crosby, Malkin, and Staal. Probably three of the best centres in the league.

Oddly enough, they won a cup, and no one, and I mean NO ONE talked about ice time among the three of them.

Maybe the Canucks just could only handle one centre with a big ego, two was just asking too much.

Or that's just Canucks spin-doctoring. Either way, what's done is done.

The real issue is Kesler needs to have his ice time monitored. If he had it his way he'd play every shift. That kind of commitment is great. But it also leads to injuries. I hope in the playoffs Pahlsson and perhaps Lapierre can take some of the load off of Kesler so he can be more effective, and less exposed to injury. (No pun intended)

Guest BuckFoston
You thought he WASN'T arrogant before the photo came out? I like that he's on the Canucks, but he always comes across like an arrogant douche.

Archived