The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E C Q F: (2) Boston Bruins Vs (7) Washington Capitals

Who will win?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose Bruins in 7. I think a lot of us are under estimating the Capitals, which is a positive for Washington. I watched the game between Boston and Washington, their last meeting that ended up with shootout win for Capitals, they are more equal then you guys think. Also keep in mind, Washington is a 7th seeded team because Backstrom was out for almost the entire year. If he actually played the whole season, Washington would have easily won their division. So this is pretty much a 3rd seed vs a 2nd seeded type of match up. But I hope Captials beat these bastards down. I'm also quite happy Ottawa doesn't have to face them.

Not sure why everyone's assuming that the Caps' stars will shy away from contact?

Just because they're European doesn't mean that they can't fight through checks.

Plus they have VERY significant injuries to Rask, Boychuk (their 3rd d-man) and Horton (their top line player)

If Semin's his soft, enigmatic usual self and Ovie tries to do everything his team could be in trouble, but if Wideman, Brouwer, Ward, Laich, Carlson and Chimera and the playoff performers do their thing and Backstrom - Ovie do their thing like they did they could really tear apart the team concept-oriented Bruins (sure hope they do that! ::D)

Archived