Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DownUndaCanuck

Optimistic Dual-Presidents Trophy Stat

39 posts in this topic

as long as we don't follow detroit's footstep in this one we'r good.

also, as long as we can break the "goalie wearing #1 hasn't won cup since 1976" curse. (I'm a huge luongo lover don't get me wrong).

As fans, we should just enjoy the ride and cheer the nux on!

The Prezzy's gotta count for something. It's not easy to be the #1 team in the league. It has to amount to something in the post season. Hopefully the Canucks can live up to the title and get er done!

Talked about at length on other posts.....but well worth it's own thread this stat. Ta

I think (hope) it shows that winning the PT is an indication of a very good team, that sometimes needs hardening and experience to win the SC, and by winning a second PT they show that they are indeed very good and are ready to take the next step to the SC.

Did you hear that every team that hosted the Olympics the year before will win the cup!!! We will win for sure!!!

Oh. What's that?... Oh......

I think we have as good a shot as last year but not because of some sorta lucky statistic!

That olympic host city / stanley cup winner stat would've been so accurate if we had won though..........

Hah

If you notice the previous teams that won consecutive Presidents' trophies, you will notice that the three teams that won the Cup in the 2nd year didn't make it to the finals in the 1st year. And, Detroit, who lost in the SCF in the 1st year, didn't make it to the SCF in the 2nd.

*knock on wood*

(Sorry, first post here)

If you notice the previous teams that won consecutive Presidents' trophies, you will notice that the three teams that won the Cup in the 2nd year didn't make it to the finals in the 1st year. And, Detroit, who lost in the SCF in the 1st year, didn't make it to the SCF in the 2nd.

*knock on wood*

(Sorry, first post here)

That olympic host city / stanley cup winner stat would've been so accurate if we had won though..........

Stats are just numbers on paper. The Canucks need to let their play on the ice do the talking. Anything can happen in the playoffs. We have all seen it.

Numbers are irrelevant.

Wow I can't believe that stat of goalies wearing a number 1. That is so crazy.

Stats are just numbers on paper. The Canucks need to let their play on the ice do the talking. Anything can happen in the playoffs. We have all seen it.

Numbers are irrelevant.

I suggest that statistically this PT stat is more significant since there is an n of 4.

I don't remember what the Olympic stat was based on but I think it was an n of 1.

It was only Calgary wasn't it? So an n of 1 is never statistically significant.

That stat really puts our accomplishment in perspective. But after last year's "hosting the Winter Olympics" stat, I'm not buying into anymore of these stats, I just want to see them get it done.

Hah