The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Los Angeles Kings Fans Perspective

vcaz2011

You know Quick is a good goalie, but I don't know if he has his play off legs. I remember a couple of years ago the Canucks only being able to score on the PP. I think this year it's going to be different. Look at the last game we had against St. Louis. We played their game and beat them at it. We shut them out!! I think we will dispose of the Kings in 5, if they play with heart they can make it to 6. I might be very tired by time this play off come to an end. Hopefully for a good cause!! The only thing I don't like about living on this side of the Atlantic is 4 am game starts!!!!

The way I see it.

We just haven't lit up yet, apart from a few games against the "top teams" Coincidentally I would say these were also the games we had a "playoff team" selected..........Correct me if I'm wrong.

If we don't start with our "playoff team" then we will have to slog it out (i.e. no Daniel or Ballard ) However once these two are back I predict fireworks from the Canucks.

We've been trying to do this since 3 weeks before the trade deadline. We have been doing it since 3 & 1/2 weeks after!

:bigblush:

upside of a low scoring playoff series is it forces us to adjust to the tight checking 'dontgiveaninch' playoff style hockey that we'll have to play for the next 3 rounds. gives us a chance to find our playoff legs cuz we know that its an entirely new beast.

Luongo has to go through another top goalie of the year right off the bat. Last time he had to go through Rinne, and a goalie in Niemi who people thought had some kind of magic powers to have never lost a playoff series.. and then Thomas. He won 2 of the 3 meetings.

Kinda worried about this simply because Quick has played so well and LA is extremely stingy defensively.. this is EXACTLY the type of team that Vancouver has all kinds of problems with. St. Louis, Nashville, Boston, NYR. These stingy type teams and Vancouver just haven't meshed well in recent years. Only real positive is LA isn't as scary physically as some of the other teams mentioned.

I just took a look at their boards. Seems like everyone was hoping to play STL instead, or pretty much anyone but VAN. They're sounding pretty pessimistic over there with the majority saying VAN in 5.

I believe we will beat LA, but I will refrain from making any predictions at the moment. This team might give us some trouble, they have goaltending and defense much like STL, but they don't have comparable scoring depth to STL.

What's with this doughty hate?! He isn't a top 5 dman in the league obviously but he isn't horrible!

And diving?! I've seen Lapierre and Burrows flop like they got Manny'd in the eye and the stick missed them by a good half a foot! We aren't that bad but they aren't that much worse!!

And I don't think that this will be as low scoring as people think... Mark my words, there will be at least a couple high scoring games.

My worry is that even if we beat them they will do enough "Bruining" that we will be bruised up heading into the next round.. That more then the officials or goaltending (lmao) did us in last year.

its funny... i was deciding during the sharks / la game which team i would rather face... took me that last 10 minute stretch to decide that L.A. is a smaller team with less high-end talent than SJS, and they will be less likely to light us up, or stand up to our physicality and size (much improved from last season) - anyhow, i decided that in OT, and like 10 seconds later SJS scored.

so i guess what im trying to say is... my thoughts control the outcome of NHL games.

Archived