The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Los Angeles Kings Fans Perspective

vcaz2011

Well looks like its time for me to come out of hiding once again. Yes there are a lot of us who are picking you guys to win but I think they are still upset from 2 years ago. We played you guys decently this season and if Quick can get out of this mini slump along with Carter returning I think we have a decent chance. With that said......Kings in 6 :lol:

Good Luck to All!

Luongo has to go through another top goalie of the year right off the bat. Last time he had to go through Rinne, and a goalie in Niemi who people thought had some kind of magic powers to have never lost a playoff series.. and then Thomas. He won 2 of the 3 meetings.

Kinda worried about this simply because Quick has played so well and LA is extremely stingy defensively.. this is EXACTLY the type of team that Vancouver has all kinds of problems with. St. Louis, Nashville, Boston, NYR. These stingy type teams and Vancouver just haven't meshed well in recent years. Only real positive is LA isn't as scary physically as some of the other teams mentioned.

I read through some of the threads over at their forum and i was shocked at how much flack Quick was getting!!! I mean he's got a good shot at winning the Vezina and was easily their MVP this year but some people are still crapping (censored) on him... WOW...

Honestly, that makes me feel abit better about our fans' treatment of Louie...

Luongo has to go through another top goalie of the year right off the bat. Last time he had to go through Rinne, and a goalie in Niemi who people thought had some kind of magic powers to have never lost a playoff series.. and then Thomas. He won 2 of the 3 meetings.

Kinda worried about this simply because Quick has played so well and LA is extremely stingy defensively.. this is EXACTLY the type of team that Vancouver has all kinds of problems with. St. Louis, Nashville, Boston, NYR. These stingy type teams and Vancouver just haven't meshed well in recent years. Only real positive is LA isn't as scary physically as some of the other teams mentioned.

Better question is where are all the Van fans going to watch it locally? I'm in the OC... Know plenty of family and friends who are rooting for the kings, but I'd be interested in watching it around other Van fans other than the couple of guys I already know. There are a couple of us here, but we are far and few :(

I agree with their fans - Canucks in 5 - close, hard fought games, but the Canucks are a tighter team. I was hoping to get San Jose just to frustrate Joe Thornton. The terrible ice in LA may help them for their home games, but I think they will continue to have too much difficulty scoring.

Archived