The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hordichuk Elbow Attempt, Should There Be Suspension?

inglishmagor

I'm a little surprised there is no topic on the elbow Hordichuk threw at Kesler and missed. PJ Stock brought it up in the intermission and thought there should be a suspension for the first few games of next season. I'm curious if people think he should be punished for a dangerous play that did not make contact. I think it is a great case in that it highlights that players action and does not take into account the consequences of that action. It also took place in a mean nothing game for the Oilers and is at a time of the year the league can easily turn the page on the incident and no one will remember it happened in 3 days.

Should it be looked at? Will it be looked at?

The NHL has never suspended on intent, so it's not happening.

As an aside, I don't understand this hate on Zack Kassian and this massive hard-on (for the lack of a better word) for Byron Bitz. What has Bitz done in the past two games he's played? Absolutely nothing.

Zack Kassian saw the Sedins were getting a hard time from Brad Staubitz, he goes after Staubitz. Hordichuk misses on a flying elbow to the head of Kesler, Bitz does nothing. Not even a response physically or emotionally.

"Oh, well, you don't want Bitz to break a hand or something." It's called removing Hordichuk's helmet and you're a role player, you break your hand protecting the team's star players. It's your role.

I'm a little surprised there is no topic on the elbow Hordichuk threw at Kesler and missed. PJ Stock brought it up in the intermission and thought there should be a suspension for the first few games of next season. I'm curious if people think he should be punished for a dangerous play that did not make contact. I think it is a great case in that it highlights that players action and does not take into account the consequences of that action. It also took place in a mean nothing game for the Oilers and is at a time of the year the league can easily turn the page on the incident and no one will remember it happened in 3 days.

Should it be looked at? Will it be looked at?

As an aside, I don't understand this hate on Zack Kassian and this massive hard-on (for the lack of a better word) for Byron Bitz. What has Bitz done in the past two games he's played? Absolutely nothing.

Zack Kassian saw the Sedins were getting a hard time from Brad Staubitz, he goes after Staubitz. Hordichuk misses on a flying elbow to the head of Kesler, Bitz does nothing. Not even a response physically or emotionally.

"Oh, well, you don't want Bitz to break a hand or something." It's called removing Hordichuk's helmet and you're a role player, you break your hand protecting the team's star players. It's your role.

Sergio Momesso took a two handed swing at a player and missed. Momesso got 5 and a game for attempt to injure. The player he tried to chop down jumped over the stick. This was many years ago but imo the rule should still apply.

Hard to suspend a guy who won't be playing next year.. what team is going to pick him up now that he's a UFA?

He's probably played his last NHL game, I'm just glad the elbow didn't connect and take Kesler out,

Archived