The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

G D T | Apr. 11/12 | Los Angeles Vs. Vancouver | Game 1 | 7:30 P T | C B C

-Vintage Canuck-

Right, Bowness said exactly that at 2nd intermission, anyone can see that was the problem. First clue, you take back to back delay of game penalties for over the boards. 2nd clue, you take a 5 min major and game misconduct in your own zone. My goldfish can figure this one out.

Guest BuckFoston

Well, my hang up is that I smell a troll. The BuckFoston handle seems contrived when compared to the context of your posts.

You made a remark mocking the general thoughts on CDC about the officiating, I called you on it by referencing a clear head shot on Burrows that was not even penalized, you chose not to respond, and then you made another post that was trollistic.

If you at least tried to answer the question about the hit on Burrows I'd give you some credibility.

Actually you did not ask me anything about Burrows, I saw that post by you and you clearly quoted someone else and asked THEM to talk about it.

And to answer the question you didn't even address to me - yeah, that was a bad hit on Burr... but so what? And how does that give me any credibility? What will whining about it do? You going to call a meeting? You going to write to the league about it? Bad calls happen ALL the time in EVERY game. To say I am mocking someone because I said it's stupid to whine about calls all the time when the team - aside from Lu - did not play their best game doesn't make any sense. By that same logic, you are mocking me by saying I am a troll. I've seen dozens of posts on here saying the same thing I have, most of them from accounts with 1,000+ posts. I don't see you going after every single one of them? So you chose to jump on me because I have less posts? Makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this. If you want to think I am a troll, go ahead. Doesn't have any real impact on my life. But I stand by my opinion that getting upset over every other call is pretty immature. When players do it in the media they get railroaded and called wussies. They should grow a pair and just worry about their game. If coaches that question calls get fined and nothing changes, some guy named "coyotecanuck" on CDC isn't going to change the league either. So even if I agree about the Burr call, or the weak snow shower call, what good does it do to complain about it all night?

Have a good one.

Terrible game. They looked uninspired and lazy. Undisciplined penalties. Lack of any kind of hustle and lazy passes. Reffing was brutal and stuck out like a thorn all night long but it didn't matter because we decided to just blow a game away.

Guest BuckFoston

Well then,

a) if I called you out incorrectly then my bad. I thought my Burr hit question was regarding your sarcastic remark about Bettman loving LA....

B) If discussing the officiating has no effect on anything then I suppose then that knocking the team's play is not effective either? So no one of should even be here.

c) Your Avatar features the biggest whiner in the history of hockey. I could make 10,000 posts tonight and it would be like writing 1 page of Torts version of NHL war and peace.

Archived