Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

G D T | Apr. 11/12 | Los Angeles Vs. Vancouver | Game 1 | 7:30 P T | C B C

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2451 replies to this topic

#2431 Sneptslives

Sneptslives

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'll take your point on that we had trouble scoring already. But man, those penalties made it worse.

If there were less penalties, we would've had more push.

Exactly. Snolan seems like he wants to discuss Van's scoring record the last few months for some reason, regardless of whether anyone else brings it up. We get your point Snolan, and we don't care. Van spends alot less time in the box in game 2, they'll make this series much easier on themselves and score more goals. Not a difficult concept to understand, unless you're obsessed with discussing scoring since March.

#2432 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

no problem :bigblush:

You're like playing seesaw with yourself. :P

Just plus 1 for you......5000....u can do it

Edited by coyotecanuck, 11 April 2012 - 11:02 PM.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#2433 Birdsong

Birdsong

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Goshdarnit.

Okay. I'm ready to move onto the next one now and forget this one happened. Apart from Lu, who was awesome.

#2434 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Just plus 1 for you

:towel:

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#2435 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Goshdarnit.

Okay. I'm ready to move onto the next one now and forget this one happened. Apart from Lu, who was awesome.

That must've been heartbreaking for Lu.

I don't think Lu and the rest of the team were on the same page.

Edited by Monteeun, 11 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#2436 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Exactly. Snolan seems like he wants to discuss Van's scoring record the last few months for some reason, regardless of whether anyone else brings it up. We get your point Snolan, and we don't care. Van spends alot less time in the box in game 2, they'll make this series much easier on themselves and score more goals. Not a difficult concept to understand, unless you're obsessed with discussing scoring since March.

I think both of you are somewhat correct. Its not a single narrow issue.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#2437 Sneptslives

Sneptslives

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ok, guys. you both aren't wrong on your issues.

We had trouble scoring, for a long time now. Its just all these penalties dug a bigger hole than before. If no abundance of penalties, more even strength. Therefore, even if we don't score a lot of goals, we don't give LA all those chances. Its a chain of events.

I guess my issue is, what happened?

Right, Bowness said exactly that at 2nd intermission, anyone can see that was the problem. First clue, you take back to back delay of game penalties for over the boards. 2nd clue, you take a 5 min major and game misconduct in your own zone. My goldfish can figure this one out.

#2438 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

5000....5000.....5000......whooo

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#2439 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

5000....5000.....5000......whooo

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#2440 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Right, Bowness said exactly that at 2nd intermission, anyone can see that was the problem. First clue, you take back to back delay of game penalties for over the boards. 2nd clue, you take a 5 min major and game misconduct in your own zone. My goldfish can figure this one out.

I'm working really hard right now to put it out of my mind.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#2441 Sneptslives

Sneptslives

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I think both of you are somewhat correct. Its not a single narrow issue.

Well, let's find out if there's a problem scoring or not by having our top line on the ice in game 2 instead of on the bench watching our PK. My guess is the scoring "issue" will sort itself out just fine with Bitz sitting in the press box, Kassian joining him, and some talent(don't care who)replacing them.

#2442 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Really poor effort from the Nucks tonight. I'd really like to see our guys trying to score goals more than try to sell a dive. Seeing that and you wonder why this team is hated?

Really embarrassing game tonight.
Posted Image

#2443 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

well yes, but those are mental errors signifying a team that was not ready to play. Even though the Kings got away with a huge head shot on Burr, for the most part they played a disciplined game.

#2444 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Spending time in box is not the same as having a hard time scoring. You jumped on me way too fast for something I never said. Cut the grade 5 insults and read what I said.

I went back and read all the posts.. you're being "jumped on" for a pretty legit reason... I said they have trouble scoring.. I'm not (was not) talking about ONE game - (I didn't think that was impossible to understand by mentioning go look back to March).

You keep pulling it back to one game, not sure why, just to be argumentative?

Go back and multi quote them all to look if you don't believe me. I did, but am not going to spam it to the board.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#2445 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

well crape, 5004, nobody could have possibly seen this coming.

#2446 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Really poor effort from the Nucks tonight. I'd really like to see our guys trying to score goals more than try to sell a dive. Seeing that and you wonder why this team is hated?

Really embarrassing game tonight.

agree.. that kesler dive was so bad... no wonder it's the canucks vs the world... u go to the nhl board and all the fans around the league loving the kings..

#2447 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well, my hang up is that I smell a troll. The BuckFoston handle seems contrived when compared to the context of your posts.

You made a remark mocking the general thoughts on CDC about the officiating, I called you on it by referencing a clear head shot on Burrows that was not even penalized, you chose not to respond, and then you made another post that was trollistic.

If you at least tried to answer the question about the hit on Burrows I'd give you some credibility.

Actually you did not ask me anything about Burrows, I saw that post by you and you clearly quoted someone else and asked THEM to talk about it.

And to answer the question you didn't even address to me - yeah, that was a bad hit on Burr... but so what? And how does that give me any credibility? What will whining about it do? You going to call a meeting? You going to write to the league about it? Bad calls happen ALL the time in EVERY game. To say I am mocking someone because I said it's stupid to whine about calls all the time when the team - aside from Lu - did not play their best game doesn't make any sense. By that same logic, you are mocking me by saying I am a troll. I've seen dozens of posts on here saying the same thing I have, most of them from accounts with 1,000+ posts. I don't see you going after every single one of them? So you chose to jump on me because I have less posts? Makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this. If you want to think I am a troll, go ahead. Doesn't have any real impact on my life. But I stand by my opinion that getting upset over every other call is pretty immature. When players do it in the media they get railroaded and called wussies. They should grow a pair and just worry about their game. If coaches that question calls get fined and nothing changes, some guy named "coyotecanuck" on CDC isn't going to change the league either. So even if I agree about the Burr call, or the weak snow shower call, what good does it do to complain about it all night?

Have a good one.

#2448 newgm

newgm

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I can't wait till friday and move away from this day. This was an ugly game.

its odd tho. What the hell happened before the game.

AV sent a telegram to his top delegator Rick Bowness and ordered him to write "follow the process" 200 times on the dressing room chalk board.

If that, along with AV's ability to make gum chewing sounds mimicking the old Hockey night in Canada tune while standing behind the bench doesn't motivate them to victory, nothing will.

Coach MacTavish sure has a nice ring to it.

#2449 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Actually you did not ask me anything about Burrows, I saw that post by you and you clearly quoted someone else and asked THEM to talk about it.

And to answer the question you didn't even address to me - yeah, that was a bad hit on Burr... but so what? And how does that give me any credibility? What will whining about it do? You going to call a meeting? You going to write to the league about it? Bad calls happen ALL the time in EVERY game. To say I am mocking someone because I said it's stupid to whine about calls all the time when the team - aside from Lu - did not play their best game doesn't make any sense. By that same logic, you are mocking me by saying I am a troll. I've seen dozens of posts on here saying the same thing I have, most of them from accounts with 1,000+ posts. I don't see you going after every single one of them? So you chose to jump on me because I have less posts? Makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this. If you want to think I am a troll, go ahead. Doesn't have any real impact on my life. But I stand by my opinion that getting upset over every other call is pretty immature. When players do it in the media they get railroaded and called wussies. They should grow a pair and just worry about their game. If coaches that question calls get fined and nothing changes, some guy named "coyotecanuck" on CDC isn't going to change the league either. So even if I agree about the Burr call, or the weak snow shower call, what good does it do to complain about it all night?

Have a good one.

Well then,

a) if I called you out incorrectly then my bad. I thought my Burr hit question was regarding your sarcastic remark about Bettman loving LA....

B) If discussing the officiating has no effect on anything then I suppose then that knocking the team's play is not effective either? So no one of should even be here.

c) Your Avatar features the biggest whiner in the history of hockey. I could make 10,000 posts tonight and it would be like writing 1 page of Torts version of NHL war and peace.

Edited by coyotecanuck, 11 April 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#2450 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Terrible game. They looked uninspired and lazy. Undisciplined penalties. Lack of any kind of hustle and lazy passes. Reffing was brutal and stuck out like a thorn all night long but it didn't matter because we decided to just blow a game away.
Posted Image

#2451 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Well then,

a) if I called you out incorrectly then my bad. I thought my Burr hit question was regarding your sarcastic remark about Bettman loving LA....

B) If discussing the officiating has no effect on anything then I suppose then that knocking the team's play is not effective either? So no one of should even be here.

c) Your Avatar features the biggest whiner in the history of hockey. I could make 10,000 posts tonight and it would be like writing 1 page of Torts version of NHL war and peace.

I gave no opinion on how I feel about Torts. My avatar is of Lundqvist, my sig is of Lundqvist & I haven't heard many interviews with him whining. Torts is another matter, but he is not the coach for my favorite team so his media outbursts don't really bother me. As for my comment about Bettman, we all get lippy on here, we all get emotional. That doesn't automatically make everyone a troll.

Let's end it here. At least we managed to avoid total obscenity in our tete-a-tete.

Goodnight.

#2452 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Smooth.

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.