Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunder Bunnies

Mcdonald's National Hiring Day

44 posts in this topic

So McDonald's National Hiring Day is on April 11th which is in a couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone has done this last year.

How does it work, do you just bring in a resume and hand it to a manager and leave?

If you get an interview on the spot, are the interviews normal length or will they be shorter due to the number of people applying?

I'm planning to head there on Wednesday before the Canucks game begin and see if I could get a job at McDonald's.

Any information, details, or tips would be helpful. Thanks!

mcdonald's really? Anyone can do better than that crap.

Well lets face it, who wants to work at McDonalds for a living?

And April 12th is Mcdonald's national firing day

Wouldn't the firing day be before the hiring day? they may make a mistake and need more hires after finding out how many they want to actually fire.

Wouldn't the firing day be before the hiring day? they may make a mistake and need more hires after finding out how many they want to actually fire.

While no one really wants to work at McDonalds, BC minimum wage is going up $10.25 on May 1st and i'd assume that it'd be pretty difficult for teens to get a job afterwards. I mean, that big of a jump will hit some companies pretty hard and it'd be better to work at McDonalds than have no job at all.

I am going to this as well. Need a job soooo bad.

Ontario resident over here

While no one really wants to work at McDonalds, BC minimum wage is going up $10.25 on May 1st and i'd assume that it'd be pretty difficult for teens to get a job afterwards. I mean, that big of a jump will hit some companies pretty hard and it'd be better to work at McDonalds than have no job at all.

Go for it, don't listen to the assholes that say it's a crappy job. You have to start somewhere and it will help you start building a resume and prepare for the future.

Take it seriously, do it well, show up on time and try to learn as much as you can.