The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mcdonald's National Hiring Day

Thunder Bunnies

So McDonald's National Hiring Day is on April 11th which is in a couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone has done this last year.

How does it work, do you just bring in a resume and hand it to a manager and leave?

If you get an interview on the spot, are the interviews normal length or will they be shorter due to the number of people applying?

I'm planning to head there on Wednesday before the Canucks game begin and see if I could get a job at McDonald's.

Any information, details, or tips would be helpful. Thanks!

While no one really wants to work at McDonalds, BC minimum wage is going up $10.25 on May 1st and i'd assume that it'd be pretty difficult for teens to get a job afterwards. I mean, that big of a jump will hit some companies pretty hard and it'd be better to work at McDonalds than have no job at all.

As someone who works at McDonalds, I totally disagree with anyone who says it's an awful job. It's not a career, and definitely not somewhere I want to be my whole life, but as a part time student, it's awesome.

-They schedule you around your own needs

-Have awesome training

-Lots of ability to move up (many are promoted within a year)

-Lots of crew outings, had bowling two weeks ago, laser tag on Tuesday, and more stuff coming up

-People absolutely love to see McDonalds on a resume. My mother is a hiring manager for a company and, unless you were fired, she knows you can fit into a team dynamic

-The team dynamic is awesome. I often see it as more of hanging out with friends than I do an actual job

-If you love a high energy workplace, it's perfect for you

-I've been working there for just over a year, and I'm already 20 cents above minimum wage, and I'll stay 20 cents above when it goes up to $10.25.

While no one really wants to work at McDonalds, BC minimum wage is going up $10.25 on May 1st and i'd assume that it'd be pretty difficult for teens to get a job afterwards. I mean, that big of a jump will hit some companies pretty hard and it'd be better to work at McDonalds than have no job at all.

Archived