The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mcdonald's National Hiring Day

Thunder Bunnies

Does McDonalds still have that 500 hour thing where you get paid under minimum for 500 hrs if you don't have previous work experience?

Anyways, McDonalds is a good place to work. Good customer service (if you're a cashier), fast pace environment, and lots more. People who are harping on you are probably those who work in construction and don't have a bright future ahead of them.

Does McDonalds still have that 500 hour thing where you get paid under minimum for 500 hrs if you don't have previous work experience?

Anyways, McDonalds is a good place to work. Good customer service (if you're a cashier), fast pace environment, and lots more. People who are harping on you are probably those who work in construction and don't have a bright future ahead of them.

To the OP, Don't let anyone dissuade you from going in and trying to get a job. McDonalds or Wendy's or whatever it may be. You have to start somewhere and McD's is as good as any place to start and it might even be better since people who are hiring people don't look down on you for having McD's on their resume. It's actually one of those jobs that people who do hiring actually appreciate on a resume. So good luck to you.

McDonalds... or any like business is the perfect first step up the ladder. The big thing... stick with it. Take it seriously for atleast 6 months.

Nothing taints a resume more than a bunch of short-lived jobs.

Good luck!

As someone who works at McDonalds, I totally disagree with anyone who says it's an awful job. It's not a career, and definitely not somewhere I want to be my whole life, but as a part time student, it's awesome.

-They schedule you around your own needs

-Have awesome training

-Lots of ability to move up (many are promoted within a year)

-Lots of crew outings, had bowling two weeks ago, laser tag on Tuesday, and more stuff coming up

-People absolutely love to see McDonalds on a resume. My mother is a hiring manager for a company and, unless you were fired, she knows you can fit into a team dynamic

-The team dynamic is awesome. I often see it as more of hanging out with friends than I do an actual job

-If you love a high energy workplace, it's perfect for you

-I've been working there for just over a year, and I'm already 20 cents above minimum wage, and I'll stay 20 cents above when it goes up to $10.25.

Archived