Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROGER

Brian Burke Cheered For Boston To Win The Cup Last Season

82 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was watching a clip on youtube with Brian Burke saying he was cheering for Boston to win after the first 2 games of the series as he didn't like the way the Canucks played.

I didn't know what he didn't like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6PkF8_jiDM&feature=fvst

Around the 5 mins mark.

His motto is to make a trade that benefits his team and the other team(though he either fleeces or gets fleeced in his trades.)

Kessel trade, Kaberle trade might have had some reason to do with it.

Keep in mind, Boston Bruins play Burke-type of hockey. Skill with physicality and toughness.

And his lack of a decent relationship with MG and co. may have factored in as well.

What does it mean when people say they don't like the way the Canucks played? Trying to score goals using skill instead of just gooning it out all the time is frowned upon now?

Who cares if he didn't like how the Canucks played?

After watching the whole video, not just nit-picking at a certain part so I can make a thread about it, I have gained respect for Burke. His ideals are bang on and is a well-spoken, high character individual.

Who cares if he didn't like how the Canucks played?

After watching the whole video, not just nit-picking at a certain part so I can make a thread about it, I have gained respect for Burke. His ideals are bang on and is a well-spoken, high character individual.

High character? Didn't he get accused of tampering or something a few years ago?PS: Crosby is very much like a Ferrari: High performance but fragile; Screams in a high pitch when pushed hard.

One can only wonder if he'll ever get a chance to get to cheer for the Leafs in the finals...

Who cares about Burke? We all have seen how good he's done in Toronto..... :picard: The guys is a has been that like media attention. Nothing more.

Meh, I cheered for the Laffs to miss the playoffs again so we'll call it even...

Wasnt Burkie the consultant Murphy talked to get imput for the suspension on Rome after game 3?

Burke is an American playing in a Canadian City

So I suppose He pretended to start out cheering for the Canadian Team (when He never was)

Thanks for persuading the League on handing clean playing Rome ,the NHL's Highest suspension

He is just a disgruntled ex employee as stated

I use to like Burke (only reason I read this thread)

Now, I could care less