Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Help Breaking Down La Lines & Their Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 MistaT

MistaT

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Was looking for a little help dissecting the LA Kings - in particular:

1) What are their typical lines?

2) How does each line play?

3) How does the team play?

4) Any other small notes of importance? (like Malhotra for faceoffs, Jansen for honey badgering, etc)

Cheers, and Go Canucks!
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Canucks, baby!

#2 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Maybe you should find an LA message board?
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#3 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Yeah it's not like Vancouver's playing them in a 7-game series or anything so it's bad to talk about them.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 09 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Canadiac

Canadiac

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

You're an idiot.

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

1) Typical lines feature one or two hockey players and one or two slugs per line.
2) Each line plays a style that is incredibly slow and boring. Relying on garbage goals and trashy play.
3) The team plays like they have no interest in scoring. They would rather dive all over the ice and tackle opponents uncalled instead.
4) Sutter talks like he is mentally handicapped.

Cheers.

TOML

"Are you ready for some football!?!"
Posted Image

#6 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Seriously, get ready to witness the Sedins being gang-tackled every shift. It's called 'defense' now. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#7 Zach Morris

Zach Morris

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well:

Their Goalie situation is very similar to ours.  Quick is really good, but just in case, they have Bernier on the bench that can come in and play.  Quick is a definite Vezina Candidate.  That team struggled scoring all season long, and Quick has gotten them to the dance.

Leave it to Darryl Sutter to figure out a decent trap system in the non clutch and grab era.  This team really clogs up the neutral zone.  Canucks will need to find a way to chip and chase.  It will be tough, because our guys like the puck posession game.

They have really good top end talent with Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Brown, Williams, and Doughty.  Their top two lines are very comparable to ours, and it should make for some intense nail biting play.  But the difference between 2 years ago is that they don't have as good of depth.  It will be key for our bottom 6 to take advantage of their weaker 3rd and 4th lines.  Our Face off prowess should be very evident in this series.

Their depth on D may be a little suspect with the loss of Jack Johnson, however with Doughty, Willie, and Scuderi they have some guys that can play.  Their younger Voynov, and Martinez may also decide not to let the pressure of playoffs get to them either.

It's not gonna be a cake walk, and there will be some very tight 1 goal games all series.

Nucks in 6!!

Edited by Zach Morris, 09 April 2012 - 09:48 AM.

Posted Image

"Incredulous"

#8 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Jump, hack, slash, goon, hold, punch, kick and when ever possible concuss...HNL Teams game plane against the Canucks...'CBS CARES'

#9 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

As for the expected lineups, you can find them on the GDT for Game 1...Too lazy to list them out so I am directing you there
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

#10 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

And post them here

#11 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'd like to see Byron Bitz knock Clifford out in front of LA's bench first period of Game 1.

Everyone saw Bostons formula last year so the Canucks can expect to be brutalized every series with zero help from the officials.

Clutch grab hack and slash with the odd tackle and our goalies getting knocked around.

Hopefully we dress a squad that can answer.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#12 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS TOML Business is about! Urban dictionary says "Time of my life?" wtf? lol
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#13 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

LA plays a physical style and plays a very defensive minded game. Our series this year has been very physical indeed.

Good offensive talents like Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Williams, Brown come to mind, but none of them are game/series changers.

Their D is very strong with the likes of Doughty, Scuderi, Mitchell etc.

Quick is an all star/vezina candidate goalie, enough said.

More details about lineup is posted on the thread about this series.

Key to the games will be to score the first goal. This team can really defend and clog up the neutral zone.

Pahlsson's line should shut down their Kopitar line, but Richards will be in his playoff mode and will be a handful for our guys. Hoping Kesler can outplay him and Booth can get his revenge via some timely goals.

If we play our game, stay with it, be patient, we should be able to beat them.. The only thing I'm worried about is injuries, since these guys seem a bit overzealous in hitting and trying to draw calls (eh hm Doughty).

#14 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THIS TOML Business is about! Urban dictionary says "Time of my life?" wtf? lol

TOMapleLaughs
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#15 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Probably an acronym for his name.

#16 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Bitz/Kassian or Raymond/Ebbett?

Size/physcality is what we need against the kings, but we could use Raymond/Ebbett's speed too. Curious what AV does.

From what AV's done in the last 20 games or so when people were healthy, he'll probably go with:

Dank - Hank - Burr
Booth - Kes - Raymond/Kassian
Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

If Kassian's out, then probably Bitz or Reinprecht over Kassian?

#17 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

BTW people i didnt mean it was bad to talk about them!

jebus-crap people!

it was an honest suggestion since i realized i didnt know anything about LA (cause i mostly follow the canucks and their players/points)

It was an honest suggestion that apparently makes me an idiot so F-you jerk fans seriously. Jerks.

unlike you guys i WASNT BEING AN ASS. so again F-you jerk fans... enjoy your f-ing playoffs jerks.

*sighs and politely wanders off.*

*runs back in*

Oh! and im sorry i came off wrong OP!

*runs off again*

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 09 April 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#18 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

LA's Lines during the last game were

Richardson-Kopitar-Brown
King-Richards-Williams
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Nolan-Fraser-Clifford

Def pairings

Scuderi- Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Greene-Martinez

The kings play a very defensive style of hockey.

#19 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Several posters in this thread summed up the Kings pretty well. There's a definite X-Factor with the Kings and that's their offense, specifically their top 6 group. The Kings were a low scoring team overall this season but since acquiring Jeff Carter at the deadline they've scored at a 3.05 GPG pace (I believe, over about 20 games). Even after getting Carter they haven't exactly been a powerhouse but the Kings' top forward group is a talented one and given that the playoffs is an entirely new season, you never know if such a group could suddenly explode offensively.

Their #1 guy is Anze Kopitar. The offense pretty much runs through him. He's a great playmaker and he can score goals, he's big and his puck possession down low is strong. He'll be the Canucks' top focus to shut down. I think their 2nd best offensive player to watch out for is Jeff Carter. He's not a very fast skater and he doesn't exactly have a great playoff resume but he's one of the best natural goal scorers in the league. He's got a tremendous shot and he always knows where to be to score goals. I'm honestly surprised the Kings don't have him on Kopitar's LW. Richards' line is more of a two way line and doesn't suit Carter's skillset as much as Kopitar does.

After those two, the Kings still have some good offensive players - Richards, Williams, Gagne (is he injured?), Brown and even Penner - but as mentioned, none of them are really game changers. Brown is a very physical player and is among the league leaders in hits every season so he can make an impact physically and both Richards and Gagne are superb two way players (they both were staples as a two-way and penalty killing pair when they played for Philadelphia) that can burn you in the offensive zone after stymieing you in the defensive zone.

So that's the X-Factor/wild card. As far as the rest of their team goes, you pretty much know what to expect. Perhaps the best player on their team is their goalie Jonathan Quick. He's been neck and neck with Lundqvist in goalie stats for a long time now and will threaten Lundqvist for the Vezina trophy. At the very least, he's a shoe-in as a Vezina nominee. Although goalies don't ever get nominated for the Hart Trophy, he's definitely viewed by many as the MVP in the league this year. He has held the Kings in playoff position when they had no business being there and has played in an absurd amount of low scoring, 1 goal losses (E.J. Hradek said on the NHL Network that Quick played in SIX 1-0 losses!!). In short, he's undoubtedly the player on the Kings that is most threatening to their Canucks.

Lastly, we all know what to expect from their defense. The whole team plays a stifling defensive system and their defense group reflects that. The only experienced puck mover they have is Drew Doughty. The only other puck movers they have, period, are two young rookies in Alec Martinez and Slava Voynov. The other half of the Kings defense is made up of slow footed, yet stalwart, defensive defensemen in Rob Scuderi, Willie Mitchell and Matt Greene. Again, we know what to expect. The Canucks need to pressure these guys with their speed constantly. Get them chasing. If the Canucks do that, they're definitely in the drivers seat in this series.

#20 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,485 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

He's one of those dorks that sign his name like Gollumpus,

Regards,
DB

:)

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#21 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I think she was being sarcastic...

#22 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

TOMapleLaughs

Probably an acronym for his name.

Ugh yes... :picard: How stupid of me to not realize! Thanks guys!
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#23 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,270 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

That was my first thought too, from a practical standpoint of them probably discussing their team in depth and posting lines much like we do. Don't worry about the people being jerks.

My second thought was to look for obvious articles that tend to spring up right before playoffs detailing the matchups, like this one on the website for the "Vancoovor Canuks", whoever they are: Tale of the Tape: Canucks vs. Kings 2012

SCOUTING REPORT

OFFENSE

On paper, offense should be an area of this series that the Canucks should far and away be the better team.

Vancouver wasn't quite as dominant this season on offense compared to last year but still finished with the fifth-most goals in the entire league scoring a total of 241 - tied with the Blackhawks for most among all Western Conference teams - for an average of 2.94 goals per game. Los Angeles is on the opposite side of the fence finishing with the second-worst offense in the league scoring just 188 total goals for an average of 2.29 goals per game.

As far as the season series was concerned, however, it was the Kings that actually emerged as the more proficient team on offense out-scoring Vancouver by a slim 8-7 count.

The Canucks have to be pleased with the way their offense finished the regular season as they tallied a combined 17 goals over their final five outings (an average of 3.40 goals per game) albeit all five of those games happened to come against teams that ultimately finished outside of the playoff picture.

The Kings' offense hasn't been too shabby either for the better part of the last month. In the 13 games for the Kings dating back to March 13, they've scored three-or-more goals in eight of those outings while tallying a combined 39 goals for an average of 3.00 goals per game.

Vancouver's biggest concern on offense to start the series will be whether or not they will have leading goal-scorer Daniel Sedin available to them. Sedin has not played since March 21 in Chicago when he was concussed by a cheap-shot elbow from the Blackhawks' Duncan Keith. Sedin happens to be Vancouver's leading point-scorer against the Kings this season notching four points (1-3-4) in three games played.

Daniel's availability would have a trickle-down effect on the entire lineup. Should he play, he is expected to be back on a unit alongside Henrik Sedin and Alexandre Burrows. His spot lately has been filled in by the likes of Maxim Lapierre and Andrew Ebbett.

Los Angeles has their own injury concerns as well involving one of their top offensive stars in Jeff Carter who missed the final five games of the regular season with an ankle injury. The Kings certainly didn't seem to notice Carter's absence much in those five games piling up 16 combined goals without him. With Carter out, Coach Darryl Sutter's top two lines have been Kopitar-Richardson-Brown and Richards-Williams-King. If and when Carter returns, it's likely he'll be slotted right back onto a unit alongside former Flyers teammate Mike Richards.

Both teams also have a number of offensive threats from the back end as well with Vancouver being led by the Alexander Edler, Kevin Bieksa and Sami Salo who have a combined 28 goals this season while Los Angeles will rely primarily on Drew Doughty who had 10 goals this season as well as the likes of rookie Slava Voynov and Alec Martinez who had eight and six tallies, respectively.

DEFENSE

Few teams in the entire league were as intimidating on defense as the Kings this season who surrendered just 170 goals this season for an average of 2.07 goals against per game. Only the St. Louis Blues gave up fewer goals this season with 155.

To put those numbers into perspective, last season when the Canucks finished as the top defensive team in the league they gave up 180 goals.

Both teams come into the post-season with a relatively healthy defensive corps, respectively. Vancouver has eight of their top-nine defensemen ready to go for the start of the playoffs with the lone exception being Keith Ballard who continues to recover from a concussion. Ballard, however, has been practicing with the team lately and could be an option when this series opens. Los Angeles has no reported injuries among the seven defensemen they are currently carrying.

The Canucks will likely feed the Kings' top line a steady dose of Dan Hamhuis and, if the final regular season game is any indication, second-year blue-liner Christopher Tanev. The pairing of Kevin Bieksa and Alexander Edler will also see a fair amount of ice-time albeit the Canucks would like to see them more engaged at the offensive end of the ice as opposed to being a pure shutdown unit. Vancouver's final pairing is likely to consist of Sami Salo and Aaron Rome.

For the Kings, they'll most likely utilize the pairing of ex-Canuck Willie Mitchell and Slava Voynov to go up against Vancouver's top offensive unit although the duo of Drew Doughty and Rob Scuderi should see the bulk of the ice-time overall. Rounding out the Kings' top-six defense are Alec Martinez and Matt Greene.

SPECIAL TEAMS

If there's an area of both teams' game that they would have liked to enter the playoffs on a much stronger note, it would probably be special teams.

As far as the power play is concerned, the Canucks finished the regular season as one of the top teams with the man-advantage converting at 19.8 percent (57 goals on 288 opportunities) but did have a bit of a stumble to close out the regular season. Prior to their 2-for-7 performance against the Oilers in their final regular season outing, the Canucks managed just one power play goal on 23 opportunities over the six games leading up to their last contest.

The Kings, on the other hand, were middle of the pack in the NHL converting 17.0 percent of their total opportunities (49 goals on 289 opportunities) but were red hot with the man-advantage to close out the season scoring eight goals on 22 chances over their final five games. Six of their seven goals to close out the regular season - all against the San Jose Sharks - came on the power play.

The penalty kill to close out the season for the Kings, however, wasn't so much a positive. Over those same five outings, Los Angeles allowed five power play goals on 19 times shorthanded (73.7 percent kill rate) which is uncharacteristic for the team that finished with the fourth-best penalty killing in the entire NHL (best among all Western Conference teams) killing off 87.0 percent of all opposition man-advantages (38 PPGs allowed on 293 times shorthanded).

The Canucks, whose penalty kill proficiency wasn't far behind that of the Kings' finishing sixth-best in the league killing off 86.0 percent of opposition man-advantages (40 goals allowed on 286 times shorthanded) ended the regular season on a better note.

Vancouver gave up only two power play goals on 20 times shorthanded (90.0 percent kill rate) over their final seven games of the regular season albeit.

As far as the head-to-head season series goes, the teams were fairly evenly matched with the Canucks clicking three times on 18 power play opportunities (16.7 percent conversion rate) while the Kings countered with three power play goals of their own on 16 opportunities (18.8 percent conversion rate).

:bigblush:

Edited by elvis15, 09 April 2012 - 02:43 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#24 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thanks to those who posted their analyses above. From my viewings one of their weak points is they have 2 good players on each of the top 3 lines, and one scrub.
They'll play a trap style game, but there is a chance the series will blow open like the Nashville series in the first round last year.
We have to play to our strengths, and be patient and not take a lot of risks. This could be like the Nashville series for us last year, with low scoring games with garbage goals.
Our 3rd and 4th lines will be the keys to our success.
And not to look past this series, but we need to stay healthy through this series, onto the next.

#25 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

@helenenothelen Sports columnist for the LA Times

"Sutter says Carter has a ways to go and will be re-evaluated daily."

http://twitter.com/#...430080311795714

#26 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Seriously, get ready to witness the Sedins being gang-tackled every shift. It's called 'defense' now. Cheers.

TOML

kinda like the 5 on 1 in the corner last time we played them in the playoffs lol if anyone has a gif of that .....please post.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#27 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

TOML

i have watched a few LA games this year and i can only concur with you , i consider LA to be a dirty team

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#28 inder19

inder19

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

The kings are the team I follow second most after the Canucks.
D: They are very physical - Greene will hack and slash and cross check to clear players around the net. Doughty is very chippy and will take shots at the sedins any opportunity he gets. The rest of their D is pretty sound but not very fast (loss of johnson hurts them)
Their 3rd pairing D can be exposed with speed.
Going to the net will be hard. see raymond disappear.

G: Quick has surprised me every year but I still don't think he is a top 5 goalie in the NHL. Why? The kings focus so much on defence that most of the shots he faces are from the outside. Get him moving and he will over commit. He is always good for a weak goal against in a big game. I always compare to cloutier minus the lidstrom shot.... maybe elder shatters quicks confidence. Lateral passes will open him up a lot because he is not as technically/fundamentally sound as other elite goalies. I can see canucks getting under his skin if they go to the net which will knock him off his game.

F: Forwards are very underrated. Kopitar is great at holding the puck and cycling and will look for backdoor passes. Brown will always tries to cut across the crease but usually loses the puck. Williams, Richards, and Carter are their wildcards. If they all show up, which is a big if, then the Canucks might be in trouble. They will all take runs at the canucks D. Especially richardson if he plays. Lewis and Clifford have surprised me this season and I would be weary when they are on the ice because I can see them scoring against the canucks. Not because they are so skilled but because the canucks often seem to get scored on by 3rd/4th liners. Stoll and richards are decent in the face-off circle but I would give the edge to the canucks. I also expect them to take runs at luongo...

Top 2 lines are much more similar than people may think but the canucks dominate the bottom 6 and I think thats where the series will be won. Higgins Lapierre, Hansen, Paulson.....wow can't wait for this series.

Hits Hits Hits, this is my biggest worry against the kings they will hit everyone. they had the 2nd most hits in the league and I am sure they will amp it up come playoffs.

Im not really breaking down lines because their lines all play a similar way and I don't think there will be much consistency in their lines. LIkely see Brown/Kopitar together and Richards/Carter together.

I can see canucks winning in 5 but if it goes 6/7 games they make take too much punishment to be healthy later in the playoffs.

#29 rizzuto&hatoum

rizzuto&hatoum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Probably can sucker King, Lewis, Nolan, Clifford into foolish penalties as they don't have much playoff experience. It'll be up to Lapierre to trigger those types of penalties from the 4th line guys like Nolan and Clifford, even an experienced guy like Fraser can be drawn in.

Also, target Doughty for extra punishment.

#30 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Everyone knows Vancouver is top 5 for Goals for, and LA Kings are 29th for goals for.

Vancouver + LA are both top 5 for fewest goals against.

Vancouver can roll 4 lines (Seriously, who would Sutter want to match against Kopitar...there is no favorable matchup)

Expect a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games where Vancouver wins.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.