The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineups At Practice

Easton76

If Raymond stinks it up, throw Ebbett on the second line

Don't like having Rome starting. Would be more safe with either Alberts or Ballard out there and have Rome and Gragnani as backup

Salo can hopefully get some rest here and there on the 3rd pairing, but still be used for special teams

With three weeks absence and a head injury I would think inserting Dan on the first is wishful thinking or just conditioning.

Daniel should play third line and PP minutes for the first games.

Ballard is practising with a blue helmet on so he is deemed physically ready but personally stated he felt he was not yet ready.

3rd line so he can shutdown the kings top line? yeah, that's not going to work. Daniel will be fine. The sedins play a cerebral game and don't rely on a lot of speed to get it done. They've been playing together their entire life. Daniel will be fine. Our first line will be a big factor this series. They tend to play well in the playoffs as long as they aren't facing a norris-worthy shutdown pair (keithseabrook, chara, suter/weber)

I don't want it to be the case, but the second line seems to play much better with Lappy than they had with MayRay.

I would like to see this line-up again:

Sedin-Sedin-Burr

Booth-Kes-Lappy

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra-Bitz-Weise

I also really like the effort Ebbett has put in compared to what Raymond has shown lately (except for the one game after MayRay's healthy scratch). I just don't see Raymond being effective against the quality of defence LA offers and I think him occupying the press box would be best for the team.

Edit: The defence pairings is not a big deal imo. I am comfortable with Hamhuis and Tanev as our shutdown pair.

Ballard, PLEASE hurry up and come back to the line-up. You can't go wrong with having one of the best skaters in the NHL, instead of a guy like Aaron Rome.

Besides Ballard is notoriously slow to make the first outlet pass and tries to skate the puck out himself all the time. We've seen how great that has been working lately for Kesler and Booth.

I disagree, that's Keith Ballard's bread and butter. The tape-to-tape breakout pass and rushing the puck. He wasn't able to do any of that because he had been playing the right side since November and just a few games before he was injured.

Ballard will be a valuable player against the Los Angeles Kings if they trap it up and clog up the neutral zone. He could be key to breaking the trap because he displays the best vision out of all of our defencemen.

Archived