The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineups At Practice

Easton76

I'd rather not have two offensive defencemen paired together...why not just go with tried and true, put Hamhuis with Juice and Edler with Tanev or Salo.

Still hoping for Burrows-Hank-Lapierre and Daniel-Kesler-Booth with Raymond in the press box (not hating on Raymond, he just doesn't fit).

My ideal:

Burrows-H. Sedin-Lapierre

D. Sedin-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ballard-Tanev

What's the word on Peppermint and Ballard anyways?

DANNNYYYYYYYYYY!!! :towel:

Some seriously tell AV Raymond has NO place on the 2nd line. The Canucks Army chance data had the Lappy-Kes-Booth line creating scoring chances like I've never seen before. The numbers were off the charts, that line was on fire against the Oilers.

AV, why u no use best players?!?

DANNNYYYYYYYYYY!!! :towel:

Some seriously tell AV Raymond has NO place on the 2nd line. The Canucks Army chance data had the Lappy-Kes-Booth line creating scoring chances like I've never seen before. The numbers were off the charts, that line was on fire against the Oilers.

AV, why u no use best players?!?

I am one of the few that doesn't necessarily believe this. As Ray Ferraro has said numerous times on the TEAM you can't prepare for the playoffs. His style in terms of driving the net certainly fits the bill, but he's disappeared in some regular season games that were of significance and that worries me. I'll believe in him when he proves it but until then I buy much more into the guys that have done it before in the playoffs.

I'd rather not have two offensive defencemen paired together...why not just go with tried and true, put Hamhuis with Juice and Edler with Tanev or Salo.

Still hoping for Burrows-Hank-Lapierre and Daniel-Kesler-Booth with Raymond in the press box (not hating on Raymond, he just doesn't fit).

My ideal:

Burrows-H. Sedin-Lapierre

D. Sedin-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ballard-Tanev

What's the word on Peppermint and Ballard anyways?

Ballard, PLEASE hurry up and come back to the line-up. You can't go wrong with having one of the best skaters in the NHL, instead of a guy like Aaron Rome.

However, it is nice to see Tanev get the promotion... this is huge for his development and I am very excited for him! He's been playing great thus far.

Not sure about Peppermint but Ballard is apparently still a few days away (I obviously want him in the line-up sooner rather than later).

I like your forward line-up. I have been debating the whole "split or don't split the Sedins" strategy as Henrik has clearly been playing better without his brother. IMO without Daniel, Henrik no longer has the "go to" pass that defenders can read like a book and has been utilizing everyone on the ice. My hope is that Henrik has picked up on this trend and will avoid making his newly returned line-mate/brother the obvious pass target like in games previous. If he hasn't then I hope AV can pick up on it and make the necessary changes.

I just think because it's been shown that Henrik's succeeding without Daniel and that line's clicking, why not try to inject some playmaking skill into the 2nd line, which needs a boost. It'll also help keep the twins less predictable, which should help the Sedinery on the powerplay.

Archived