The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible 3 Year Pt Streak?

Nigerian

With the Canucks winning the Presidents Trophy for the second consecutive year, what do you think their chances would be going for a third straight?

With a promising offseason to look forward too, although of course it sucks with most likely the loss of schneids, how good do you think the canucks will look next year? Schneids will hopefully bring in some good raw talent or someone who has already proved themselves in the nhl, much like Schneider. Hopefully kassian can breakthrough in the next couple of years which will again only make this team stronger.

My questions are: 1) Chances of a threepeat?

2) What do you think/want our starting day roster will be for the 2012-13 season?

We just barely squeaked it out this year, after a stellar streak in the last few weeks and some luck on the out-of-town scoreboard. We definitely have a core group of players that can do it again if we build another crew of dependable linemates around them, but I wouldn't count on a third.

First in the league is a lofty position, and only one team out of thirty can get it, there's a lot of competition for that spot.

We just barely squeaked it out this year, after a stellar streak in the last few weeks and some luck on the out-of-town scoreboard. We definitely have a core group of players that can do it again if we build another crew of dependable linemates around them, but I wouldn't count on a third.

First in the league is a lofty position, and only one team out of thirty can get it, there's a lot of competition for that spot.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd be surprised if we got it again next year. Partially due to the reason that we will probably lose Schneider, and even though Lu is a great goalie he will probably need some rest and playing Lack (or whoever our backup will be) won't produce the same numbers that Schnieds did.

All in all more important things we should be worrying about is the Stanley Cup and waiting to see what comes out of the off-season.

Archived