Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Possible 3 Year Pt Streak?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Nigerian

Nigerian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

With the Canucks winning the Presidents Trophy for the second consecutive year, what do you think their chances would be going for a third straight?

With a promising offseason to look forward too, although of course it sucks with most likely the loss of schneids, how good do you think the canucks will look next year? Schneids will hopefully bring in some good raw talent or someone who has already proved themselves in the nhl, much like Schneider. Hopefully kassian can breakthrough in the next couple of years which will again only make this team stronger.

My questions are: 1) Chances of a threepeat?
2) What do you think/want our starting day roster will be for the 2012-13 season?

#2 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Why even bother thinking about this they have more important things to worry about, ie: The Stanley Cup

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#3 Nigerian

Nigerian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Why even bother thinking about this they have more important things to worry about, ie: The Stanley Cup

You're right, I wouldn't want Schneider to see this..

#4 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Some people on this board....

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

#5 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,248 posts

This is probably a better question after we see what changes the off-season brings.
Posted Image

#6 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

We just barely squeaked it out this year, after a stellar streak in the last few weeks and some luck on the out-of-town scoreboard. We definitely have a core group of players that can do it again if we build another crew of dependable linemates around them, but I wouldn't count on a third.

First in the league is a lofty position, and only one team out of thirty can get it, there's a lot of competition for that spot.

#7 Nigerian

Nigerian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

We just barely squeaked it out this year, after a stellar streak in the last few weeks and some luck on the out-of-town scoreboard. We definitely have a core group of players that can do it again if we build another crew of dependable linemates around them, but I wouldn't count on a third.

First in the league is a lofty position, and only one team out of thirty can get it, there's a lot of competition for that spot.

Very true, but I still think with whatever schneids brings in + a better season from kesler and EVEN the sedins could put us right back on top next season.

#8 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

What till October.

#9 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Very true, but I still think with whatever schneids brings in + a better season from kesler and EVEN the sedins could put us right back on top next season.

Not saying it can't happen, but it's way too early to be thinking about that. If they have another long stretch into playoffs (which we all hope they will!) then that means another late/short training camp, another slow start to the season (probably), and with some new players in the lineup who may or may not pan out.. yeah. Way too early to wonder about the standings a year from now.

#10 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Even better question, if we win again what do you think the chances of a 4 peat are?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#11 TACanucks

TACanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I'd be surprised if we got it again next year. Partially due to the reason that we will probably lose Schneider, and even though Lu is a great goalie he will probably need some rest and playing Lack (or whoever our backup will be) won't produce the same numbers that Schnieds did.

All in all more important things we should be worrying about is the Stanley Cup and waiting to see what comes out of the off-season.

#12 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

YES, trust me I'm a psychic.

#13 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

didn't think we would do it again this year. don't think we will do it next year.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#14 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Would be quite an accomplishment. Its never been done before.

#15 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

just shut up its the playoffs

#16 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,753 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Even better question, if we win again what do you think the chances of a 4 peat are?

Forget the 4 peat... Could you imagine always finishing first no matter what?Guaranteed home ice advantage every single year!Hooray!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.