The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Support

Silverteeth

Hey y'all.

I know it's become as fashionable to torch Luongo when he struggles as much as it is to torch a cop car after a SFC loss but I think this whole town, media included, has to lay off this guy. It starts with the fans.

I'm as guilty as getting upset with the guy too but the truth is no top goalie in the league is ON every night. It's become almost trendy to hate on the guy. Tim Thomas, Brodeur and others have had their struggles this year too. Every big time goalie or player struggles at some point every year.

Yes, Corey Schneider is awesome but that doesn't mean Luongo isn't. Corey is just the new toy.

If Luongo has a crap game in the playoffs, Schneids will get in but it doesn't mean Luongo sucks. It means we have two great capable goalies. Let's support them both - even on a bad night. Otherwise, we're the ones who get into Luongo's head because our boos will feed the media and they'll ask him questions and it snowballs. Then we call him fragile but we're partly to blame.

Luongo has been crappy in certain games/series in recent years but the team has played super crappy in front of him.

Starting with me, I'm going to stop being so hard on him and help support him no matter what. Let's get out of his head and into his heart. And who knows, maybe it helps us get that shiny trophy and a parade.

Luongo is better. Simple as that. He got them to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final when our offensive wasn't producing and when our defense was riddled with injury. He will play, and he will play well.

It's the year to show if can get the job done, not only in the games his team plays great but also wins games for them. He is always bad in October, always has a bad streatch mid to late in the season, and always breaks down at some point in the playoffs.

This is the year he has to break bad habits and win it. It would be nice to start well in October as well but baby steps.

Hey y'all.

I know it's become as fashionable to torch Luongo when he struggles as much as it is to torch a cop car after a SFC loss but I think this whole town, media included, has to lay off this guy. It starts with the fans.

I'm as guilty as getting upset with the guy too but the truth is no top goalie in the league is ON every night. It's become almost trendy to hate on the guy. Tim Thomas, Brodeur and others have had their struggles this year too. Every big time goalie or player struggles at some point every year.

Yes, Corey Schneider is awesome but that doesn't mean Luongo isn't. Corey is just the new toy.

If Luongo has a crap game in the playoffs, Schneids will get in but it doesn't mean Luongo sucks. It means we have two great capable goalies. Let's support them both - even on a bad night. Otherwise, we're the ones who get into Luongo's head because our boos will feed the media and they'll ask him questions and it snowballs. Then we call him fragile but we're partly to blame.

Luongo has been crappy in certain games/series in recent years but the team has played super crappy in front of him.

Starting with me, I'm going to stop being so hard on him and help support him no matter what. Let's get out of his head and into his heart. And who knows, maybe it helps us get that shiny trophy and a parade.

I agree. I mean if we want to win the Stanley cup, the players need our support and we have to continue to support right through the playoffs. Criticizing will only probably hurt us in the long run with the media blowing everything out of proportion. Last year is an example. We need to stop criticizing and cheer for them. We don't need to criticize to wake them up if they have a bad game. We just need to cheer.

Hey y'all.

I pledge my support for Luongo. Love him or hate but as fans we should be rooting for him as his performance will determine the games outcome. Anyone who wishes he stinks so that Schneider plays is asking for us to lose games which is unacceptable. He is our goalie going into the playoffs and I want him to continue playing because that means we are winning games......

Archived