The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Little Dissapointed In Av's Second Line Heading In To The Playoffs

406281dylan

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Lapierre - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Reinprecht - Bitz/Weise

I think the addition of Reinprecht makes Raymond somewhat more expendable if he keeps this up. But for sure, Raymond should be given a shot to start the series. But keep him on a short leash. Start the internal competition for playing time too (not that these guys need any ulterior motivation).

Those bottom 6 look damn solid. With the AMEX line reunited, our top 6 becomes that much more dominant.

AV - listen to me, because I know you read CDC forums for coaching tips! lol

Clearly we have a dilemma with Mason Raymond because when a guy like Lapierre goes on your top two lines and unexpectidly performs you got to make the right decision. Truth is Raymond can be a huge asset but Lapierre has potential also. I understand Lapierre is the man who drives the fourth ine to success. But i wa hoping we would enter playoffs with a more physical team then last year. But i feel that having Raymond in the lineup brings us back to square 1. I think we have a solid chance of winning but there has been times this year where L.A has got the best of us in the physical category. I rather bench Raymond then Manny because the team does not always show up with out Mannys leadership. Raymond can also be a distraction because you will start him on a top line he will score dirty goals for two straight games and then he wont show up. That is why I would judge Raymond by th e period. The lines should look like this.

Sedins-Burrows (If they get pushed around split the Sedins)

Lapierre-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Bitz-Manny-Weise/Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Salo-Edler

Alberts/Tanev-Rome

Lu

Schneid

*Every single year Lappy has been in the NHL he has began the playoffs on the fourth but then ends up moving to a diffrent line. Last year cody only had one point in round 1 so they slowly faded lappy in with the third line and before you knew it he was starting every game on the third line.

I don't see why we can't try Lapierre on the 2nd line, Booth-Kesler-Lapierre. In addition, Booth can slide over to LW, he's been playing his off wing for most of this season. Lapierre is also a fast skater and hard forechecker, and he is tough on the puck. He can supply the grinding so that Booth and Kesler don't have to.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Lapierre

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Raymond/Ebbett-Malholtra-Bitz

Lapierre has shown a lot of chemistry with Malhotra (and the 3rd line shouldn't be tinkered with at this point).

You can give Lappy a few shifts in the top 6 if he is playing well (or to get that pest factor out there), but if AV is going to pencil Raymond on the 2nd line for now, its his spot to lose.

It all really depends how he plays.

Okay, so obviously our second line can contribute WAY more then they did this season. But we have to remember all 3 of our guys had pretty bad injuries, Booth with his knee, Kes with his hip, Ray with his back and yet they still didn't do completely bad.. With those types of injuries (Kes and Rays especially) its hard to find your game until you feel comfortable again. Not to mention, Booth only got here this season, and he is expected to find chemistry with Kes, Ray and also adjust to Canucks style. Most players who got traded this season, look at them, their stats aren't that great. Booth will be much more comfortable next season or maybe in the playoffs... Well, that's actually probably just more nerveraking for him. As for Raymond, the whole line is in a slump... So I don't know how we can blame only him apart from he keeps falling. But with his speed, he really creates chances for his line.. But all three need to find their legs again and start using them to their adv. Lol. All of them are great defensively but when they find their offensive game.. Wow this team will be seriously hard to beat. Lappy on the fourth line helps us roll all four lines as Manny still hasn't gotten back to his offensive form (Not sure he will though).

I hope Raymond has a stellar playoffs, putting up 13 G and 17 A in 24 Games while capturing the MVP for the Stanley Cup Playoffs =)

But honestly, if he puts up at least 0.75 points per game, I would be more than content. I really hope Luongo wins the MVP award for this years playoffs. He deserves it and more.

Well Lapierre is the becoming of the next Burrows, how do you think Burrows became a first line player, by playing the same role as Lapierre and grinding his way to the top. Lapierre is the exact same player and is doing the exact same things, and he will be the next Burrows, there is a reason why these 2 players grew up only 30 mins apart from each other in Quebec. They are brothers from another mother!

I want Raymond to succeed, and every time he gets the puck I hope and pray he can do something good.

But every single time he just falls down. It's beyond ridiculous, I predict he'll fall 300 times in the playoffs and get 5 points playing on the 2nd line.

I realise you guys have no hockey to occupy your minds but honestly, is it not better to see how we play before we start filling our breeks with readymade excuses.

Mason Raymond has had more words written about him on here than the complete compendium of the Encyclopaedia Britannica (and yes I have written a fair few in his defence)

What constantly amazes me is the idea some of you obviously have that AV gives a damn about what the nomarks on CDC think.

You people take whining and whinging to new levels. Just let the team be selected and get behind every one of them for goodness sake. Some of the comments on here look like they have been written by 12 year olds.

Why don't most of you grow a pair and dream about being half the player and half the man Mason Raymond is instead of bleating over and over again, ad nauseum, about Raymond this and Raymond that and Raymond stole my dummy. It's pathetic, contemptible, immature, classless and makes many of you come over like soppy wee girls.

One example from many: Only soppy wee kids exaggerate like this guy. And low and behold, he also "predicts", like some Mystic Meg.

"I want Raymond to succeed, and every time he gets the puck I hope and pray he can do something good.

But every single time he just falls down. It's beyond ridiculous, I predict he'll fall 300 times in the playoffs and get 5 points playing on the 2nd line."

I hope Raymond has a stellar playoffs, putting up 13 G and 17 A in 24 Games while capturing the MVP for the Stanley Cup Playoffs =)

But honestly, if he puts up at least 0.75 points per game, I would be more than content. I really hope Luongo wins the MVP award for this years playoffs. He deserves it and more.

I realise you guys have no hockey to occupy your minds but honestly, is it not better to see how we play before we start filling our breeks with readymade excuses.

Mason Raymond has had more words written about him on here than the complete compendium of the Encyclopaedia Britannica (and yes I have written a fair few in his defence)

What constantly amazes me is the idea some of you obviously have that AV gives a damn about what the nomarks on CDC think.

You people take whining and whinging to new levels. Just let the team be selected and get behind every one of them for goodness sake. Some of the comments on here look like they have been written by 12 year olds.

Why don't most of you grow a pair and dream about being half the player and half the man Mason Raymond is instead of bleating over and over again, ad nauseum, about Raymond this and Raymond that and Raymond stole my dummy. It's pathetic, contemptible, immature, classless and makes many of you come over like soppy wee girls.

One example from many: Only soppy wee kids exaggerate like this guy. And low and behold, he also "predicts", like some Mystic Meg.

"I want Raymond to succeed, and every time he gets the puck I hope and pray he can do something good.

But every single time he just falls down. It's beyond ridiculous, I predict he'll fall 300 times in the playoffs and get 5 points playing on the 2nd line."

Archived