1 Langley

1 New Westminster

1 North Vancouver

1 Port Coquitlam

1 Seattle, Washington

1 Westbank

• 35% are from Surrey

On March 15, 2012:

Crown prosecutors have so far approved 186 riot-related charges against 71 accused rioters.

The Integrated Riot Investigation Team has so far recommended 348 charges against 150 suspects – many of them from Surrey.

http://www.surreylea...tml?mobile=true

Are we seriously going to make this thread into a negative thread about Surrey?

Seriously, Surrey isn't a bad city, Fraser Heights, much of Guildford, Eastern parts of Newton, Fleetwood, Panorama Ridge are all very nice places. The one area that isn't a very nice place is Whalley.

The numbers were pretty even throughout the mainland weren't they?

Downtown is more crowded, Surrey isn't much of a riot location (What can you riot at Central City? The Bus Loop?)

It was mostly teenagers or crackheads LOL , they would probably do something stupid again this year

I don't really understand why people are being so hard on Surrey.

Surrey is one of the 10 largest cities in Canada... and it's growing. It's a major city. It has bad parts... just like Vancouver.

It's cheaper to live in Surrey, hence more young people and therefore more people drinking, partying, and going downtown. Don't really understand why people can't wrap their heads around that.

I don't have any stats to back up the claims about the demographics and housing costs, but it's pretty logical is it not?

Of course they are East Indian males have no idea how to drink.There was a East indian wedding reception at the hotel im staying at and those guys trashed the hotel smashing mirrors in the elevator n stuff......real classy.

I'm from Delta/Surrey and go to Scott Road and 72nd after every game. The atmosphere is different over there and this is why:

The cops are high fiving everybody and cheering just like everyone else. I've seen a few ppl get out of hand but everyone just watches as the cops take them aside and wait till they calm down before letting them back into the crowd. The crowd control is much more effective in Surrey because it's like the cops are your friends along side of you and nobody really wants to piss them off cause they let you get away with having a little more fun than they would in Vancouver - they just make sure everyone knows where the line is so people just don't cross it.

EDIT: I'm a white kid and the brown guys don't cause any problems so I don't understand all the racism. A lot of brown guys lead cheers and stuff and they bring these drum things. I'm too ignorant to know what the actual name of the drum is but it's pretty awesome!

Source: I live 1 block away from that intersection

this thread started from something positive to something negative...i lived in surrey majority of my life and dont have any issues with living/ the atmosphere here...heck, i'm walking distance to the events and have no issues walking with my family at night

I hope Vancouver reverses its decision on no public viewings. I don't see a riot happening again given the aftermath and the changes any good event planner would make to alter the outcome. We had 6 successful uneventful public viewings downtown before game 7 with no incident, no problems in surrey, and no problems during the massive public viewings during the olympics. We already know anarchists are to blame, I think there are steps we can take to fix that

Archived