The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks: The Last Team To Hoist The Cup

DoItForRaymond

So a bunch of smart guys in an ancient civilization sat around, kicked back some brewski's and were trying to figure out how to punk us 21st century living beings. One said "hey, we should just use this awesome calendar we've made and just abruptly end it on Dec. 21, 2012. These idiots will think the world is going to end and it'll cause mass paranoia." To which "holy Crap, that's pure gold" replied another. So began the longest prank the human civilization has ever known.

In all seriousness, you'll live so don't waste your life savings on Twinkies or whatever you kiddo's buy now a days and invest in a diversified 401k...you'll thank me for this advice.

So guys, I'm pretty sure the OP is totally serious and totally thinks the world will end in December. What do you guys think about that? I'm totally serious too, the world is totally going to end, I'm totally serious just like the totally serious OP.

Seriously though, it made my day seeing about 5 serious responses to the OP about the world ending...Jesus H. MacDonald people, how do you people even think the OP was being serious. Where's that "I don't want to live on this planet" meme when you need it...

Guys.. You know that leap years are only figured in the Roman Christian calendar, and it's a fix for the inaccuracy of that calendar.. The Mayan calendar did not have that inaccuracy and therefore does not need to 'figure in leap years'

..That being said I thought it was just supposed to restart anyway.

Next year will be the 42nd year of Canuck history and 42 is 21x2. 21 is 3x7. A week has 7 days. What does it mean? Nothing at all.

Here's a better illustration. Go to any calender (The paper ones, not the one on your smartphone or computer).

Notice something? It ends. That doesn't mean the world ends. It's just the end of a calender. If you made a calender that went 1500 years in the future I'd think you'd say you did a good enough job.

Am I the only person that came in here assuming the OP was kidding? I have told the same joke myself in my circle of real life. It's kinda funny in passing.

I also think that every account should be rationed to one Picard facepalm emote a month, use it wisely.

Archived