The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Player Is The Most Valuable To The Canucks

D.Doughty

We have seen that the Canucks were able to win without D.Sedin- arguably our best offensive threat throughout the past 3 years.

We were able to survive without Bieksa for more than a few games this year and prior to that, almost half the season.

We had proven we were able to survive without Luongo in net

In the first month or so, we were able to survive without Kesler

So let me ask you, which player would we not be able to survive without, or is it that everytime someone goes down, someone else rises to the occasion.

Guest BuckFoston

What about Burrows? He seems very under-appreciated & he did take a pay cut. I think that says a lot about him and how he plays.

Dan Hamhuis -- Consistent, he is our rock on defense. The torch has been passed from Salo who when not injured is our most reliable defender to the Hammer.

Without Sami or Hamhuis is when things look shaky. They are valuable to this core because we have enough depth forwards that can step up so with or without our star forwards it seems someones right there waiting to step up to the occasion. Not dissing our defense depth but none are as valuable as those two and without them the defense is flat.

Hamhuis - When he went down in the finals, it all went downhill since then

Burrows - Well let's face it, if he didn't score that awesome GWG against the hawks, canucks would've been done in the 1st round and imagine the canucks fan base if that happened

hamhuis. for people saying lapierre, higgins or burrows - come on. They're important players but no way our team goes downhill if we lose one of them. Higgins missed a portion of the season and yes we lost a slight step, but in no way was it a crippling blow. I really like Higgins and I do think he's important to our team, but this is a classic case of Canucks fans overrating a player who's having a really good run

I think when we lose key players through whatever reasons other guys on the team step up. That is truly whats great about this team; the depth is crazy. However, without edler or salo in the line i think we have a fewer chance of winning IMO. Both are always solid for us.

Anybody saying something different than Luongo or Schneider is crazy. Take Manning away from the Colts look what happens... If our goalies play like crap in the playoffs it doesnt matter how good ANYBODY else is, individually or collectively because we won't go far.

Archived